Question for beauty therapists.. not nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eob

Reaction score
Question for beauty therapists....

could you tell me where I can learn how to apply eyelash extensions? I have asked on Babtac's website and havent had a reply.

I know I will get a reply on this site !! :biggrin:

Thanks
Em

have you tried ellisons? i know that they do different course. they may do one for eye-treatments. did you not do it on your beauty course, we did it with our tutor for nvq2 beauty. they are really really efective when they are applied.

emma

emma m said:
have you tried ellisons? i know that they do different course. they may do one for eye-treatments. did you not do it on your beauty course, we did it with our tutor for nvq2 beauty. they are really really efective when they are applied.

emma

Hi emma

Thanks for the reply. No... I am currently a nail tech having done my NVQ Level 3. I am thinking of doing the full beauty NVQ but wondered if you could do this as a single unit rather than doing the whole thing.

Thanks

you can learn them as part of level 2 beauty therapy (i did when i did it but not 100% sure what the modules are now) or i think "sally" hair &beauty does training also adele hair/beauty supplies do training days in eye treatments in different areas of the country i have the phone number etc if you need it
good luck (they are dead easy anyway)
xx joolz

Hi,

I was taught how to apply both individual lashes and strip lashes but i personally prefer individual ones as i think the strip are a bit OTT! This is what i do, cleanse the area, then i remove the individual lashes from the box and lay them onto a sheet of tissue paper. My client is lying back by the way, not flat though. I stand behind the client to work. I get my individual lash adhesive out and a spatula and tweezers. Then i put the lash adhesive onto the spatuala, and hold it in my left hand. I get hold of the lashes from the base and dip them into the adhesive. Then i place them as close to the natural lash line as i can. Always apply to one eye then the opposite eye, this way you get them as symettrical as poss. I usually only apply about 5-6 to the outside of the lashes, from the middle to the outer edge to open up the clients eyes. I apply the lashes then get my client to open her eyes, check they are in the correct position and if not hold onto the eyelid, and gently remove them and re-position.

Hope this helps and you can understand my mumbling!

Emma
There was a company at ExCel (well I say they were there, but it was an empty stand except for their leaflet) that did these, I did pick up a leaflet but not sure if I kept it, I will look & PM you.
Best wishes
Karen S.

Hi Emma whereabouts in Devon are you? I'm in Exeter.Have you tried phoning The Carlton Institute in Exmouth?

pm me if you like and il find more info for you.

HTH's

nailtech said:
Emma
There was a company at ExCel (well I say they were there, but it was an empty stand except for their leaflet) that did these, I did pick up a leaflet but not sure if I kept it, I will look & PM you.
Best wishes
Karen S.

Thanks Karen. Let me know if you have the leaflet.

eob said:
Question for beauty therapists....

could you tell me where I can learn how to apply eyelash extensions? I have asked on Babtac's website and havent had a reply.

I know I will get a reply on this site !! :biggrin:

Thanks
Em
I know that Capital hair and beauty do some courses and also eye lash perming! you can look up courses on their web site . think it's www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk
good luck
vicky

Latest posts

Back