Question for Dough Schoon, Sam help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
Ok when is MMA MMA?
Here is another chemical name, that is also listed under Methyl mythacrale acrylic MSDS info.
Acrylic Ester Monomer, does this make it MMA or MMA like or is it under EMA?
This is the data i found, reading it makes me think it is MMA but I dont want to jump the gun.

*SYNONYMS:
METHACRYLIC ACID, METHYL ESTER
2-METHYLACRYLIC ACID METHYL ESTER
METHYL METHACRYLATE MONOMER
METHYL METHYLACRYLATE
METHYL ALPHA-METHYLACRYLATE
METHYL 2-METHYL-2-PROPENOATE
2-METHYL-2-PROPENOIC ACID METHYL ESTER
DIAKON
METHYL METHACRYLATE MONOMER, INHIBITED
METHYL METHACRYLATE MONOMER, UNINHIBITED
MME
"MONOCITE" METHACRYLATE MONOMER
NA 1247
NCI-C50680
RCRA WASTE NUMBER U162
UN 1247
ACRYLIC ACID, 2-METHYL-, METHYL ESTER
2-PROPENOIC ACID, 2-METHYL-, METHYL ESTER

Any help on this Sam please
love Ruth

not too sure off the top of my head.

Ill see if I can get Doug to comment... but I dont think it is refering to MMA.

ps. Methacrylic acid is not MMA... its the key ing. in acidic primers.

Toodles

Thanks Sam,
by the way it's on the ingredient lable for amouress Monomer. Acrylic Ester monomer.
Good job there is a chemist in the house. Thanks again Sam
love Ruthxx

No way can they be putting Methacrylic Acid in thier monomers! THat would make it totally funk out!

A lot of people were under the impression that R+ had primer added to it... if CND had done that... it would have gone all pretty shades of puke.

Go figure!

Well makes me wonder what else in in there then???
but it says Arcylic ester monomer.
so what sort of stuff is this??????
love Ruth

Acrylic Ester Monomer, N.N. 4-Diamethyl-P-Toludine O-Hydroxy, Benzophenone.
Does this help???
it still sounds like mma to me lol , I am such a suspicious little love..........
Ok over to dough Schoon hopefully to reveal all.
Thanks for all your help Sam, I realy appreciate it . As we say here.TA BABE.........
love Ruth

I emailed Doug and Paul Bryson with your post. Here is his excellent reply:

Hi Sam

All of these are SYNONYMS for MMA

METHACRYLIC ACID, METHYL ESTER
2-METHYLACRYLIC ACID METHYL ESTER
METHYL METHACRYLATE MONOMER
METHYL METHYLACRYLATE
METHYL ALPHA-METHYLACRYLATE
METHYL 2-METHYL-2-PROPENOATE
METHYL METHACRYLATE MONOMER, INHIBITED
METHYL METHACRYLATE MONOMER, UNINHIBITED
MME
ACRYLIC ACID, 2-METHYL-, METHYL ESTER
2-PROPENOIC ACID, 2-METHYL-, METHYL ESTER

We need to distinguish 3 different chemical names here --

(1) Methacrylic Acid is the parent compound of the entire family. Nobody in their right mind would ever put straight Methacrylic Acid in a monomer, but it works okay as a primer if handled properly.

(2) MMA is an "Ester" of Methacrylic acid, made by reacting Methacrylic
acid and Methanol. The final product is a Methyl group attached to the
former Methacrylic acid. All the names in that list are synonyms for it.

(3) EMA is another "Ester" of Methacrylic acid, made by reacting
Methacrylic acid and Ethanol. The final product is an Ethyl group added
to the former Methacrylic acid. If the material contained EMA, that list
of synonyms would read
METHACRYLIC ACID, ETHYL ESTER
2-METHYLACRYLIC ACID ETHYL ESTER
ETHYL METHACRYLATE MONOMER
etc etc.

Aside from curing agents, most of the components of monomers are various "methacrylic acid esters".... MMA, EMA, HEMA, EDGMA, TEGDMA., etc. "Acrylic Ester Monomer" is another generic term that covers all these compounds. Neither "Acrylic Ester Monomer" nor "methacrylic acid esters" is a specific enough name to determine whether a product contains MMA or not.

Paul

Aside from curing agents, most of the components of monomers are various "methacrylic acid esters".... MMA, EMA, HEMA, EDGMA, TEGDMA., etc. "Acrylic Ester Monomer" is another generic term that covers all these compounds. Neither "Acrylic Ester Monomer" nor "methacrylic acid esters" is a specific enough name to determine whether a product contains MMA or not.

Ok o it could be , but then again it might not be. I wished they would just label it MMA or EMA lol, would make it a whole lot easier.
thanks sam you are a babe for getting this info for me.
love Ruth xx

:shock:
Dellie

im with u dellie :shock:

very confusing ,should we be worrying.i suppose as long as im using my cnd and fabric i should be ok

I think the overall message on this MMA subject is, to stay safe and to offer the best to your clients............
Only use reputable L&P Dealers like Creative, EZflow and the like..........
You can always request a MSDS from your Dealer. Or even ask them outright if their Monomer contains MMA. I am sure they would have to disclose to you if it did contain MMA. If their reply is "uhhhhhhhh don't know" or "whats MMA" then you know to stay away from destributors that don't know their stuff.
Love Ruth

ASS - Geek Husband and Ruth for clarifying - Oh yeh and the CND Lab for their excellent info!!!! :shock: :D 8)

:papasmurf: Also known as the MMA Police
Of to have some chemicals inmy drink H2O icecubes and voddy and orange lol
Love Ruth xxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
:papasmurf: Also known as the MMA Police
Of to have some chemicals inmy drink H2O icecubes and voddy and orange lol Love Ruth xxx

Gunna start calling you V&O soon!! lol :hic:

i only drink voddy and orange to keep up with my vitamine intake, purely medicinal of course, (believe that you believe anything )
Love Ruth xxxx :hic:

Getting a bit of a picture of you in my head - here's what it's like.......

Lady sitting at nail table V professional and V clever. Table laid out perfectly, all implements sanitised, disinfected, placed and ready to go :cool: . Intravenous drip attached to a) Ruthy Babe and b) The Dog and Whistle next door :hic:

Anywhere close :D
Dizzy Dellie :trashed:

Hmmmmmmmmmm let me see,
Yep my Table is always ready, clean and crisps, as for the clever bit, I am not to sure about that, but the voddy drip is a brill idea, Why didn't I think of that. See told ya I am not that clever.
Love Ruth

That's to all for asking and answering these questions. I can say I learned something today. Now off for my Cranberry Vodkas...good for the kidneys 8)

Hi all,
don't want to stir up doo doo, but Amoresse does have a liq. with mma. and they do still sell it. They have one withou & they just came out with an odorless,which does not have it either. Scary stuff, that mma. :twisted: I like CND, you know what you using. ( sort of )
Barb :flower:

Never mind the Doo Doo any info is always welcome here,
Thanks for that 8) . Interesting that they sell mma and mma free stuff. Must be old stock they are trying to get rid of I think lol. :twisted: :evil:
Love Ruth x :shock: x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back