Question for other mobile therapists! Gel polish charges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautious

Reaction score
How much do you charge for gel polish or similar (just the polish no manicure included if that's what the client wanted) and then how much do you charge for repairs? And do you or would you do "freebies" for friend? Hope someone can answer this for me as I need to settle a dispute! 😞

I can't answer the pricing side of the question but no I wouldn't do freebies. For friends. Your still taking your time and using the same amount of product as you would on any client xx

Thank you sparkle and that was my point too! X

Luckily so far all my friends have been happy to pay but I do have a friend that does spray tans and a lot of her friends and family expect it for free! X

It's a difficult one to answer about friends, I have done freebies for friends, as gifts, one offs and regularly depending on who they are. For example one very good friend's husband is a driving instructor and teaches my son to drive for free, so I do her nails. I think it is wrong for friends to EXPECT it for free but what you choose to do with your time and product is up to you.
I don't do mobile anymore but I would charge for a client's repair if it is their fault and that would include a call out fee.

Yeh most of mine have been happy to pay but u always get one don't u! Oh well nevermind can do without the hassle! Can't call herself a friend is she can't support her friend in business! Maybe we both asking for too much?? X

How much do you charge for gel polish or similar (just the polish no manicure included if that's what the client wanted) and then how much do you charge for repairs? And do you or would you do "freebies" for friend? Hope someone can answer this for me as I need to settle a dispute! 😞

Best to see what others in your area are charging, look on the internet, and you could just charge a percentage for friends and family, say 20% off for them would be reasonable. Let them know that the products cost, and then there's your time. I'm sure they will see the sense.

It was her fault, if it was mine i might have offered to repair it free but otherwise no! And i gave her plenty homecare advise for a manicure. So on a treatment costing £12 and a repair of £5 is that justified? Baring in I'm
Mobile? X

I'm mobile...my 'close' friends will come to me instead and we'll do nails while having coffee etc, and I give them a discount but they're not free. x

I'm mobile and I charge £25 for Shellac colour and £27 for French. For repairs I charge £2 per nail.
I have one friend who regularly has Shellac and I charge her £15, she would never expect it for free.
I would NEVER charge my mum or sister.
I have another friend who regularly has tans (a different treatment I know, but for reference) I normally charge £20,but for her I charge £10 and will sometimes do for free if she has bought me a gift or cooked me lunch /dinner etc.

Use your initiative, but for her to EXPECT it for free, is simply rude in my opinion.
x

Thanks for all the replies! I regularly give my close friends or family a
Bit of discount! This particular person I did a treatment on was also given a discount at the time! I have a friend who does hair and we sometimes swap treatments baring value in mind obviously! X

I give a blanket £5 discount off of nail treatments for friends, it keeps things simple and noone feels cheated. I have to confess that I have been a total pushover when it comes to repairs and don't really charge anyone for them, lesson learned and I won't be doing it any more however I will continue to offer free repairs to friends so long as they come to me and treat it as a nice perk and not an expectation. My closest friends wouldn't let me get away with not charging them anyway, and they always tip the best. :lol:

Latest posts

Back