Question for reiki pracitioners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi I recently got attuned which was great, however I am a bit miffed as I haven't had a minute to practice on myself or anyone else as hubby has been away with work and I have two kids.

Anyway to those reiki II people please can you help.

How long did it take before you went from reiki I to II? (Just thinking about dates and saving up I know I need to practice)

Do you ask the client to turn over to do reiki on their back?

Also I am a bit nervous about doing a treatment, we didn't actually do any hands on reiki on the attunement however I did practice tuning in and she said I was a natural healer.

Other question how much do you charge?

Many thanks to you all for your help!

Hi I recently got attuned which was great, however I am a bit miffed as I haven't had a minute to practice on myself or anyone else as hubby has been away with work and I have two kids.

Give yourself treatments at night when you go to bed.

Anyway to those reiki II people please can you help.

How long did it take before you went from reiki I to II? (Just thinking about dates and saving up I know I need to practice)
Honestly, there isn't a def answer to this. When the time is right~ you will know. I did all three levels in 1 year.That was 3 years ago. Two of the girls I was attuned to Level 1 with are still at level 1. I knew I wanted Masters and worked hard for it.

Do you ask the client to turn over to do reiki on their back?
Yes. What I do before I even start, is to explain to them what I am going to do and when I give them a light tap on the shoulder, that is their clue to turn over.

Also I am a bit nervous about doing a treatment, we didn't actually do any hands on reiki on the attunement however I did practice tuning in and she said I was a natural healer.
I find that a bit strange that she didn't have you work on someone so you got the feel of the energy meridians in the body, the feel of the energy moving, blockages etc. Did you learn the hand positions?

Other question how much do you charge?
LOL.. i don;t charge for the first session. I keep it a short one~ 30 mns. Your best bet is to look around in your area and call up and ask. Everywhere is different.

Many thanks to you all for your help!

Welcome and congrats on level 1.

Give yourself a good 6mths between 1 and 2 but only do 2 when you feel ready. How come you didn't do any hands on? Very odd. No need to get client to turn over.

You must make sure that you're doing it properly or you'll end up ill yourself. Good luck. xx

I went about 12 mths between reiki 1 and 2, but then i went about 4 between 2 and masters. you will just know when the time is ready for the next step.

I found that the best time for myself to do a self treatment would be before bed, but make sure that you GROUND YOURSELF at the end of it.

Reiki 2 is more about being able to send distant healing by the use of symbols and level 3 is for teaching and attuning others.

:hug:

I went about 2/3 months inbetween my level 1 & 2, I am planning on doing my masters but I want some more experiance with it first.
I usually do reiki on myself when I go to bed. Do you not have to do your 21 day cleanse? (Assuming you have just had you level 1 attunements) During my 21 day cleanse after my level 1, I felt very up and down emotionally but that is normal so don't worry if that happens to you.
I also do reiki on both sides of the body if it's a full hour treatment.
My reiki teacher says that there are no hard and fast rules with reiki, you just do what feels right.
HTH
xx:hug:xx

Do you not have to do your 21 day cleanse? (Assuming you have just had you level 1 attunements) During my 21 day cleanse after my level 1, I felt very up and down emotionally but that is normal so don't worry if that happens to you.
I also do reiki on both sides of the body if it's a full hour treatment.
My reiki teacher says that there are no hard and fast rules with reiki, you just do what feels right.
HTH

Honestly there really isn't a truthful 21 day cleanse. Some experience the balancing of the energy in them and some don't.
Your teacher was right. You just let the reiki guide you. :)

NEVER HEARD of a 21 day cleanse? teacher didnt mention it

doing hands on wasnt included in our course - have to say I am somewhat disappointed

Can I ask you where you did your reiki course? You dont have to tell me if you prefer not to or pm me if you like.

When i learnt reiki 1 we went through the theory first and then she attuned me after which I was then asked to perform a reiki treatment for 10mins on the teacher. This is a good way for the teacher to know that you have a correct understanding of reiki.
Did you go through the history of reiki?
This is where the understanding og the 21 day cleansing comes into it. In the first 21 days after your attunement your body will detox and get rid of unwanted energies this can make you feel unwell or make you emotional.

HTH.:hug:

That is a good thing she didn't mention it. Some don't experience anything and then they read somewhere about the "21 day cleanse" and others experiences with it and wonder why they didn't get to go thru it and if since they didn't experience it , did they really get attuned.
but the lack of hands on treatments is what I would be concerned about.:eek:

I trained in Leeds, lovely trainer, we did all the history etc and she gave me a book, didn't let us try reiki but she said I would get the hang of it straight away being a therapist. I even put in the notes that I wanted to try it. I feel a little disheartened to be honest as on all courses I've been on they have always let you try the actual therapy. Strange.

I am really suprised that you wasn't told about the 21 day cleansing if you did about the kistory of reiki as this is all part of how long it took to discover the healing. I also can not understand why you didnt do any hands on before you completed the course.

:confused::hug:

The 21 day cleanse is when you do reiki on yourself everyday for 21 days without fail and not drinking any alcohol during that time. My teacher recommended that we do it after the level 1 but not level 2. Like emma said, if you read through the history of it, it kinds of explains it. I thought of the 21 day cleanse as healing myself before i heal others if that makes sense. Also like JD said, just because you havn't done the cleanse doesn't mean you aren't attuned, if your teacher didn't mention it, don't worry about it.
Why not give your teacher a ring to ask why you havn't done any reiki treatments in your class, it might put your mind at ease.

I feel quite cheated now, didnt know about 21 day cleanse but have had a few of the syptoms (had to google to get these)!!!!.

not had chance to do reiki on myself more than 3 times in two weeks. but will start today. also been drinking.

can anyone recommend a good place for reiki II as I may change reiki master - Im in York but can travel thank you xx

Do your self treatments at night time when you get in bed.

Thanks will do. Have to remember not to drink !

I would perhaps go to see another Reiki master to talk about your level one situation first before going onto level 2.

I personally dont believe that you have to totally abstain from alcohol during your 21 day cleanse, but I do agree that you need to know alot more about it as some clients have similar feelings after their Reiki treatment and they need to be told that this is normal.

Latest posts

Back