question on counting calories

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindag

Reaction score
Girls,

Just wondering about counting calories. If a product has 400 kj and 200kcal does that mean it has 200 calories.

Also how many claories should be a females intake

Hi ya, it would mean its 200 calories, i have a fantastic calorie converter that i have to use for weightwatchers to work out how many points i am eating a day as i am only allowed 18. Cant remember how many a woman is allowed as i know its different for men ill have a quick look through my weightwatchers book lol! x

You can work out how much roughly your body needs by doing the following:

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">For sedentary people: Weight x 14 = estimated cal/day

Sorry it didnt work:

For sedentary people: Weight x 14 = estimated cals/per day

For moderately active people: Weight x 17 = estimated cals/per day

For active people: Weight x 20 = estimated cals/per day

moderately active is defined as 3-4 aerobic sessions per week. Active is defined as 5-7 aerobic sessions per week.

Thanks kellyc I thought it was the 200 calories but I wanted to be 100% - I have that weight watchers calculator its great but weight watchers just didnt work for me

Kellyc said:
Sorry it didnt work:

moderately active is defined as 3-4 aerobic sessions per week. Active is defined as 5-7 aerobic sessions per week.

Is that calculated in lbs, kilos or stones??? would you give an example please?

Im into my second week stayed the same last week but hoping ive lost some weight this week not sure if it will be right for me but im giving it a go its certainly costing though lol!!!

Kellyc said:
Sorry it didnt work:

Hey Kells: i can see that you've gone into this in a big way!!! Wow, i'm impressed with the info! You dont exactly need it though, do you!

geeg said:
Is that calculated in lbs, kilos or stones??? would you give an example please?
Gigi, i think its in lbs, for example if you weighed 9 stone 12 lbs it would be about 127.7 lbs x 14 = roughly 1787 calories per day.

Kellyc said:
Gigi, i think its in lbs, for example if you weighed 9 stone 12 lbs it would be about 127.7 lbs x 14 = roughly 1787 calories per day.
Kelly would that ne 1787 calories to stay the same or 1787 to loose weight

lindag said:
Kelly would that ne 1787 calories to stay the same or 1787 to loose weight
I would guess to say the same because thats on average what your body intake is so i would imagine to lose weight you will need to lower it but dont quote me on that lol!

I seem to remember women should try to stick to around 1,000 calories a day in order to lose weight - men are around 1,500.

Kellyc said:

Gotcha!! Thank you.

Latest posts

Back