Question on customer service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one gets any special preferential treatment from me, some of my.clients are very very wealthy, with me everyone gets the same standard of service.

Doesn't matter if it's a homeless person off the street who just has a cut or someone.wealthy spending over £100, the standard of service is the same

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

I usually take the p out of my clients. I had a new client who was the head mistress of a private girls school. When she came for her first treatment, I asked her if I had to bob a curtsey. She burst out laughing and said of course not. She has become a wonderful friend and helped my daughter through the trauma of uni applications.

I had one client (deffo new money and not enough of it) tell me that her husband was sleeping in the spare room because his medication was making him snore. I said that my husband sometimes sleeps in the spare room because our neighbour plays the radio in the night. She pulled a little face and said "ooh semi detached?" To which I replied "no, mid terrace" to which she pulled another face.

You can't buy style!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Depending on where you are working, waitressing IS a trade. I know many people that have done their apprenticeship in waitressing. They wont be found in the fast food rest, though if that's what you mean.

No not at all! I just mean that because we 'do hair' or 'do nails' I find that we can be given more respect than someone like a waitress or receptionist purely because of our job role. Despite the fact that the people in those positions are also knowledgeable and skilled, many people just don't treat you in that way.

I've worked in a salon before as a receptionist and some horribly rude people then turn into angels in front of the therapist! That's all I meant :) x

I've noticed that the people who are high and mighty arnt always necessarily that well off, they just try to act like it, it is showing off, however I have some very (real) wealthy clients in my salon, and they are so grounded and down to earth! I much prefer them to the ones who brag about their holidays or new cars. A wise person told me once, the real Wealthy people of the world never talk about their wealth and the really poor never speak of how poor they are, I believe this too.

I just humor the braggers like as said above oh yea that sounds like a lovley place etc

How very true ... Most who Bragg usually are usually in a load of debt to live that lifestyle ... !!! ... I know a lot of ppl who have a 5bed house and brand new £20k car but they actually only pay interest only on their houses and monthly on a car that really they only lease ... They are no better off than someone who lives in a council house paying rent and a loan for a car ... !!!

Perfect example is In My last office job the directors had built up from scratch a multi million pound company but you would never had known if you ever met them, they knew every single employee by name and they had at least 15+ employees at each of the 10 depots they owned throughout the whole country ... They sold it to our biggest competitors for a undisclosed amount ... I can imagine how much but they would come to each depot and speak to everyone as the ethos was 'we all made the company what it was' ... But even outside of work they were genuinely nice guys who didn't Bragg or boast to what they had or where they went on hols .... One said to me once it's a long bumpy way down if you don't treat ppl right on the way up ... !!!

If that were me I would have said no I live in a caravan me names Rosie Lee got a problem! I bet she wouldn't have looked down to that.

I'll be one of those super modest millionaires one day ☺️ No one will ever know lol my family think it's crazy how much I'm still the same person I was years ago when I have achieved so much with my life recently, I'm still me and always will be ☺️

I'll be one of those super modest millionaires one day ☺️ No one will ever know lol my family think it's crazy how much I'm still the same person I was years ago when I have achieved so much with my life recently, I'm still me and always will be ☺️

I don't think I would change too. I wouldn't tell anybody I'm a millionaire, you could attract the wrong people you need people to like you for what you are.

I work in St Albans, so there are a lot of exceptionally wealthy people and a lot that have enough.

I am myself with all clients, never act differently, and why should i?

Obviously the Topic of conversation will be different, but that's with every single client, if there is a client more my age with the same interests, you can talk to them almost like a friend. But if they're a lot older, 60's, 70's I respect the boundaries until they start talking about their wild nights out ;)

This is going a bit off topic but I always have a problem with clients knowing I'm gay. Especially when they're older. If I have a boyfriend I always refer to them as my friend. I completely open outside of work but I just hate it at work. I have no idea why, are there any other gay geeks that have this issue?

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I work in St Albans, so there are a lot of exceptionally wealthy people and a lot that have enough.

Obviously the Topic of conversation will be different, but that's with every single client, if there is a client more my age with the same interests, you can talk to them almost like a friend. But if they're a lot older, 60's, 70's I respect the boundaries until they start talking about their wild nights out ;)

This is going a bit off topic but I always have a problem with clients knowing I'm gay. Especially when they're older. If I have a boyfriend I always refer to them as my friend. I completely open outside of work but I just hate it at work. I have no idea why, are there any other gay geeks that have this issue?

That's a shame you feel like that around your clients :( of course some clients may not 'approve' (despite it being the 21st century and all.....) but it's a shame you have to hide this aspect of your life if partners ever do crop up in the conversation. Maybe start mentioning boyfriends when speaking to clients you are 99% sure will be fine with it and take it from there. Maybe more clients than you think have guessed already?! Good luck with it xxx

That's a shame you feel like that around your clients :( of course some clients may not 'approve' (despite it being the 21st century and all.....) but it's a shame you have to hide this aspect of your life if partners ever do crop up in the conversation. Maybe start mentioning boyfriends when speaking to clients you are 99% sure will be fine with it and take it from there. Maybe more clients than you think have guessed already?! Good luck with it xxx

Yeah I'm pretty sure they all know I'm gay I don't make an effort to hide it,I just feel so uncomfortable about it.

Your right though I'm sure 99% of all the clients would not have a problem with it at all. I think it's just an insecurity I have and hopefully it will phase out as I get a bit older x

Agreed. Don't pre-judge your clients, ever! Age, sexual preference, ethnicity,religion, social class etc, we're all different.

Social class? Heres my two penneth.

To my mind, having more money and perhaps speaking more eloquently or god forbid, speaking with fashionably long vowels, doesnt mean a better person or one who should be looked up to, or be more respected.

I think social class is a riduculous and outdated concept. In politically correct times when racism, ageism, sexism etc have been widely and correctly stamped out, how can this still exist?

They all get the same treatment from me, at work or not x

Fully agree with you blossom. It's very very dated! I don't think the young people of today have much concept of social class. The only point you make which I don't agree on is that sadly- racism, ageism, sexism etc haven't been stamped out and are still very present, I suppose that means that unfortunately neither has many peoples concepts of social class.

My clients get the same treatment from me regardless but I do adapt my conversation depending on the client. But more on their personality than their class.
If they're chatty, quiet, opinionated etc. Sometimes I just have to keep my mouth shut and my head down. There are naturally some clients whose company I enjoy more than others.

Some I think are hideous lol x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Every single woman I know LOVES a gay hairdresser! The first salon I worked in we had a lovely male stylist who was gay, he was solidly booked, the clients all knew he was gay and many admitted that was why they went to him! It's upsetting you feel uncomfortable about it, it's who you are and there is absolutely nothing to feel ashamed about! 😀 xxx

Every single woman I know LOVES a gay hairdresser! The first salon I worked in we had a lovely male stylist who was gay, he was solidly booked, the clients all knew he was gay and many admitted that was why they went to him! It's upsetting you feel uncomfortable about it, it's who you are and there is absolutely nothing to feel ashamed about! �� xxx

I have been to my lovely hairdresser today. He is nearly 40 years younger than I am, we have very different interests and lifestyles. We also never stop talking and are very comfortable in each other's company, to the extent that we make jokes about each other. Is it important that he's gay? Actually, it probably is, inasmuch as he's very easy to get on the same wavelength as.

Fully agree with you blossom. It's very very dated! I don't think the young people of today have much concept of social class. The only point you make which I don't agree on is that sadly- racism, ageism, sexism etc haven't been stamped out and are still very present, I suppose that means that unfortunately neither has many peoples concepts of social class.

Yes you're right, sadly there are still instances where racism etc still exist and i hate that, but for the most part at least in my experience, racist/sexist comments/behaviour is frowned on, if not downright illegal, while its still considered ok to judge people on supposed class/wealth. A sad situation indeed

Latest posts

Back