Question re: greenies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maz101

1st place winner at Nailympia 2016
Reaction score
I have a client that about 8 weeks ago had a tiny greenie, she admitted to gluing her nail down after catching it, I explained this may have caused the problem as could have trapped a tiny bit of moisture, It was small and bright light green, so removed enhancement, cleaned let air get to it, while completed rest of prep on other nails. I then pep't the contaminated nail being thorough with cleaning, cool blue, scrub fresh, etc, She was apologetic and said she wouldn't do it again. I put a sculpt on and checked regularly no problems and its growing out, it's very nearly gone now.

Today's she came back with another tiny greenie on another finger, she had gone 3 weeks and 2 days, promised me she hadn't used glue, but did say she had put nail varnish on her nails and changed it 4 times, now she had lifting on one other nail and broke one today, I always tell her to come every 2 weeks as she has psoriasis so I like to keep a regular check for lifts and problems, plus i like the length to be kept short, but this time she didn't.

She has very soft bendy nails and its only the last 3 visits that we really have just infills to do, taken 7 months of hard work as she really wanted nails, so we've worked to get them a nice length, as before would bend and start lifting, she can't wear tips and only work with sculpts in nsi balance hard gel, which we are changing to brisa lite each time I have one that needs doing, so know she s getting the best.

She is not worried about the greenie as fully explained what it was last time and it was very new and tiny, I once again, cleaned, aired, cool blue, scrub fresh etc, then applied brisa lite sculpting, shellac and she's booked for 2 weeks.

Now I sterilise, I do all CND prep, I wash and soak all implements used and I threw away the file I used on her weeks ago. I spray my files every time and throw away regularly.

I've never had a problem before and no other clients have ever had this.

My question is, if she had a tiny lift could nail varnish possibly help cause this, maybe block the end, I'm quite upset as I'm so hot on keeping things clean, so scared its something I've failed at.

I've tonight's scrubbed everything, thrown away all files, wiped every surface.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back