Question re: Scrubfresh, Nailfresh, Primer....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Biscuit

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am CND trained and use Rentention +.

For oily nailed clients I was advised to use the following in the following order... Scrubfresh, Nailfresh, Primer.

But have recently been told that if I user Nailfresh I do not need to use Scrubfresh.. and vice versa. Fair enough I can see why that makes sense.

But was also told instead to use Primer THEN Scrubfresh... Which confused my, As I understood it Scrubfresh dehydrates the nail then Primer prepares the nail for product, surely by using Primer then Scrubfresh you are removing the primer or making it less effective?

Please advise. xx

Hi hun I use a system called a Power Prep which is Scrubfresh, Nail Fresh, Scrubfresh.
This is what I have been recommended for prone lifters or oily plates you need to use the Scrubfresh after the Nail Fresh as Nail Fresh does not contain Pathogen fighting Organisms.
If you were to go straight to adding an enhancement after the Nail Fresh there could be a risk of infections hths:hug:

Hi hun I use a system called a Power Prep which is Scrubfresh, Nail Fresh, Scrubfresh.
This is what I have been recommended for prone lifters or oily plates you need to use the Scrubfresh after the Nail Fresh as Nail Fresh does not contain Pathogen fighting Organisms.
If you were to go straight to adding an enhancement after the Nail Fresh there could be a risk of infections hths:hug:

Good point! Thanks....

What about Primer?

Good point! Thanks....

What about Primer?

Isnt Retention+ a primerless system?

From what I have heard the scrubfresh, nail fresh, scrub fresh system is the most effective.

Isnt Retention+ a primerless system?

From what I have heard the scrubfresh, nail fresh, scrub fresh system is the most effective.

Thanks.

Yes it is, but I was advised that for difficult nails that are prone to lifiting to use the Primer. I wonder why the nail shop sell it along with CND products when they say it's not required?! LOL!
:eek:

Thanks hun.

I don't think the oily plate is a myth tho'.. I do the same prep on everyone and have a couple of people who get lifiting regardless, since using the primer it has resoved their issue.. Just not sure about the order of primer, Scrubfresh, Nailfresh now tho' after being told to do them a different way. Then again if it's working at present then maybe I should carry on as is?!

sounds like "odd" advice from your original teacher.
I'm not a creative tech, but i know how they teach.

Gigi didn't say that some people don't have oily nailplates, just that they're rarer than we all assume they are :wink2:
We're more likely to point the finger at oily nailplates rather than more prep being needed and more often than not it's the preparation that needs tweaking, more for some clients than others.
Also remember that not all clients can wear L+P, maybe they'd suit UV gel or Fibreglass wraps better, if you offer another system it might be worth trying them with something other than L+P to see how they get on.

re the primer... apply it after you've prepped the nail.

Hello fello milton keynes bird, did you train at aspley guise? i only use scrub fresh now, when i converted to cnd they told me if i use primer with retention+ i'm reversing what it should do and i could get lifting so i stopped using it and have't had a problem since maybe you should go back and ask them to explain again ? xXx

Hello fello milton keynes bird, did you train at aspley guise? i only use scrub fresh now, when i converted to cnd they told me if i use primer with retention+ i'm reversing what it should do and i could get lifting so i stopped using it and have't had a problem since maybe you should go back and ask them to explain again ? xXx

Hiya, Yes I did!

Seems we are being told different things! LOL!

I might give Leeds a call for a definitive answer.

I believe you can use creatives Acid free primer with retention. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Personally I find if you thoroughly prep using cuticle remover, remove it properly, then scrubfesh-nailfresh-scrubfresh. That should work for most lifters.

Creative Nail Design – the official UK supplier

I don't know how long ago you did your Conversion.....

BUT.....YES you can use CND Acid Free Primer with Retention+........
Acid Free Primer forms a covalent bond to the nail plate...the same as Retention + does...so it just acts as a prep booster. OK??

Using Acid Fee Primer with Radical Solarnail monomer which forms a hydrogen bond to the nail plate...will boost it up to a covalent bond.

Correct order for normal prep...
Scrubfresh then primer.....

Using Nail Fresh.......
Nailfresh..Scrubfresh...primer.

Sooper dooper prep booster oily nail plate prep!!!!:eek:

Scrubfresh....Nailfresh...Scrubfresh....Primer!!

You ALWAYS use Scrubfresh AFTER Nailfresh as it leaves pathogen fighters behind on the nailplate to help prevent bacterial infections......then if using primer use it last....it should dry to a chalky finish if you have removed shine properly from the nail plate.

I don't know how long ago you did your Conversion.....

BUT.....YES you can use CND Acid Free Primer with Retention+........
Acid Free Primer forms a covalent bond to the nail plate...the same as Retention + does...so it just acts as a prep booster. OK??

Using Acid Fee Primer with Radical Solarnail monomer which forms a hydrogen bond to the nail plate...will boost it up to a covalent bond.

Correct order for normal prep...
Scrubfresh then primer.....

Using Nail Fresh.......
Nailfresh..Scrubfresh...primer.

Sooper dooper prep booster oily nail plate prep!!!!:eek:

Scrubfresh....Nailfresh...Scrubfresh....Primer!!

You ALWAYS use Scrubfresh AFTER Nailfresh as it leaves pathogen fighters behind on the nailplate to help prevent bacterial infections......then if using primer use it last....it should dry to a chalky finish if you have removed shine properly from the nail plate.

Wow! Great info.. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back