Question regarding hot wax.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiakayla

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,
Could someone please tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of using hot waxing?

Many Thanks
Anna

hi chick , ive just done my hot wax course today , basically yrs ago they used to reuse the wax and filter the hairs out (yuk ) but now thats not allowed for saftey reasons the treatments therefore are more expensive for the therapist as u thro the wax away after each application . aalso i find it takes more time to do the treatment as a mapping effect is used on the area (like a chess board ) to protect skin from too much damage. the onlyy real benefits i could see was that it was great for bikini and brazilian waxing . it adhears abit better as a 3 coat method is used . u seem to use more wax in this treatment to . i used 1/2 pot on a half leg treatment !!!!!!!(i think i did get carried away tho lol

The main differences between hot wax and warm waxes is the application and removal. It goes on thick like treacle, left to solidify then removed by lifting it off swiftly without the need of using strips. The main reason for using this method is that its great for shorter, stronger hairs though it is a definate skill that takes a bit of practise.

Like someone else said;

it's applied like treacle you let it solidify and don't need wax strips (could save money)

It;s a good wax for tough hairs esp bikini area as it removes them quickly

Downside you have to apply and reapply to make the area thick enough, so it could be time consuming, can't just spread it on one large area and then remove very quickly, but I suppose it takes practice also.

Also you have to flick the ends of the wax up before taking it off a bit tricky and sometimes a little painful for client.

Advantages:
more effective at removing shorter, coarser hairs

Removes the whole of the hair (outer root sheath etc)- providing correct technique used.The fact that you do smaller areas at a time means the hair is removed effectively and efficiently.Skin feels silky smooth afterwards

Less uncomfortable

No residue is left on the skin- no getting your undies stuck to your skin!

Disadvantages- tbh there arent any (imo),it may be slightly more time consuming, but the advantages far outweigh this if you percieve it to be a disadvantage. Clients who have experienced a decent hard wax (such as peron rigot or reference) that has been used correctly do not go back to strip waxing for intimate areas or facial waxing.

Hths x

Advantages:
more effective at removing shorter, coarser hairs

Removes the whole of the hair (outer root sheath etc)- providing correct technique used.The fact that you do smaller areas at a time means the hair is removed effectively and efficiently.Skin feels silky smooth afterwards

Less uncomfortable

No residue is left on the skin- no getting your undies stuck to your skin!

Disadvantages- tbh there arent any (imo),it may be slightly more time consuming, but the advantages far outweigh this if you percieve it to be a disadvantage. Clients who have experienced a decent hard wax (such as peron rigot or reference) that has been used correctly do not go back to strip waxing for intimate areas or facial waxing.

Hths x
Would you perform a leg wax with hard wax April?

Personally, no, not a full leg wax. I have however used it for alot of the hairs that grow down the inside of the thigh (the ones that are coarser on many women).
xx

Latest posts

Back