Question time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanakat

Reaction score
When you go on your jolly holidays can you take L&P on a flight in your case/hand luggage :?:

Has anyone done this or do you just hope that you wont have any accidents and leave your kit at home :?: :rolleyes:

Part of me thinks its flammable and a risk and part says international jetsetting freelance tech's must carry their kit around somehow. :cool:

Can anyone help please :?:
Katie
x

A big no no Hun......................
It is against flight rules and if found out can lead to a huge fine................
When I travel and think I need my kit I send it via parcel force/UPS to my hotel.............
So it is there when I get there...................
Just a thought

Nailsinlondon1 said:
A big no no Hun......................
It is against flight rules and if found out can lead to a huge fine................
When I travel and think I need my kit I send it via parcel force/UPS to my hotel.............
So it is there when I get there...................
Just a thought

Hi Ruth, hope youre well - knew I could count on you for an answer, thank you! Not the one I was looking for though :(

Oh shine a light :evil:!
Would be a nightmare to courier my kit - dont think I will bother as it probably wouldnt get there at all, let alone get there late! :rolleyes:

cheers anyway chicken :biggrin:

Katie
x

Where are you traveling to???
Check out the web for beauty suppliers and take your certifiates with you..........
Then if there is a problem you could buy some products out there and post them back to your home at the end of your hols............
A possibility xxxx????

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Where are you traveling to???
Check out the web for beauty suppliers and take your certifiates with you..........
Then if there is a problem you could buy some products out there and post them back to your home at the end of your hols............
A possibility xxxx????

We are off to Dominica in the Carribean and last time I went, I didnt notice a Sally or Ellisons there :D how ever will I cope :rolleyes:
Great idea though and I will bear it in mind for later on in the year.

Thank you

Katie
x

Oh babe what a fab place to go............There must have Nail Salons there !!!!!
Treat yourself if you have an accident.................Check out the web for Nail Techs in that beautiful part of the world...................
xxxxx

there is 'The Metamorphis Spa' in a forest clearing within the grounds of the hotel where you can have a relaxing massage/facial/reflexology whilst listening to the birds and watching the turtles - BUT NO-ONE ON THE ISLAND DOES NAILS!!!!!!
Just had my calling, want to help me fill the void and open up shop under a palm tree on the beach? :D

Katie
x

Flying with nail products is something that I have wondered about for a while as when I fly up to Scotland family and friends no doubt want their nails done (the bulk of my models are up there!). Thanks Ruth for putting me right. We can always guarantee that you'll pop up with the right info so often. Cheers!

Just a thought. If you are posting this stuff overseas. Are you making sure it goes surface mail? Other wise the potential risk is on someone elses plane! Goodness only knows how long surface mail would take to the dominican!!!

I would be interested to know how the likes of Leighton Denny etc. cope when they fly around the world to their clients.

I had a quick look at the BA site for the rules on what you can carry in your baggage. The restrictions include: "Flammable liquids - paints, thinners, solvents" I wonder how many people carry nail varnish remover, nail polish etc. I bet just about every plane has a few bottles on it because people don't realise.

heres an idea why not go aunatural, I have done this before on holiday and it won't kill ya (honest I survived lol) , just keep up to your cuticles etc I'd rather do this than worry about my enhancment cracking or popping off and not being able to remove them...

Latest posts

Back