question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlieeee

Reaction score
This will probably sound stupid to you lot because you will all know but when you get the ones that are like stuck on your nail (dont know what they are called lol) do you go with short nails or long ones:)

Last edited:
Do you mean full cover stick ons or tips?

erm i dont know goshh lol. like when it looks like a french manicure if that helps?
is it called a full set can tell i dont really know much lol

Are you a trainee tech? Sorry I can't tell from your profile.
I think you mean tipped or sculpted nails?

noo im still at school, so i have no idea what im talking about lol
just thought someone might be able to help

They are probably a full set of French White Tips i think,its like a white tip stuck at the end of your nail then coverd with gel or any other overlay.

This will probably sound stupid to you lot because you will all know but when you get the ones that are like stuck on your nail (dont know what they are called lol) do you go with short nails or long ones:)

Well you may be talking about 'Stick-ons' such as the ones you can buy in Boots! If you have very short bitten nails, go for short to begin with and then you won't ping them off every second. You could of course be even smarter than that and go to a professional who will prescribe the correct treatment for you. :!::idea:

Stick-ons are a one off, cheap alternative to the beautiful work that the majority of true nail professionals on this site do for a living! If they really know what they are talking about they will walk you through the various alternatives and point you in the best direction for your 'nail type'!

Hope that helps and one more thing... if you have naturally long nails... you shouldn't need cheap stick-ons in the first place - go get a manicure!! :lol:

Yeh you are probly right Sam i miss understood the question about the long and shortness of the nails etc.
Strike what i said previous xx

I will just assume you are meaning a full set of nail enhancements...whether it be tips and overlay or sculpts, the length depends on the lifestyle of the client.
If she uses her fingers a lot in her work, typing , gardening etc then shorter squarer nails are advisable. If she has long nail beds herself and could cope with a longer length of enhancemernt then that could be recommended.

I see you are only training at the moment but this should be one of the first things covered in your course coming under Consultation, a very important part of your customer service.

Good luck with your course.

noo im still at school, so i have no idea what im talking about lol
just thought someone might be able to help

Ok no worries hun.
You mean a full set... this could be a tip and overlay or sculpted nails..these are sculpted out on a form with liquid and powdered acyrylic or maybe gel.
Longer nails are great if they are what you are used to but usually clients that have short nails or perhaps bitten nails are better with a shorter length until they get used to having enhancements.
hth

yeah i nailzandbeauty thats what i was talking about. i meant when your getting the tip things do you go with your natural nails short or long, sorry if it wasnt clear.

judy thats what i meant but i meant the lengthof the natural nail not the tip thanks for your help anyway.

Latest posts

Back