Questionnaires/statistic help, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traceyashley

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me please? Im doing my business plan and I need todo a questionnaire for future clients and I have got a clue what to write on it. Also I have got to include statistic and I have tried putting it in google and all I get is rubbish. Im not the best at reserching lol. Do any of you lovely geeks now where I can find a good infomation site.

Thanks

Tracey xxxx

It's simpler than you might think.

All you need to do is think of the information you'd use to 'build your business' and ask the appropriate questions.

e.g. Here are 3 questions:

1. Do you regularly visit beauty or nail salons?
2. How much do you spend each time? a) Under £10. b) £10-£20 c) Over £20.
3. Do you buy products from the beauty salon?

Imagine if you gave 10 questionnaires out (10 people).

If 6 answered yes to question 1, then your statistic would be "60% of people in my area regularly visit beauty or nail salons".

If say 2 of them chose option a in question 2, and 2 chose option b and 2 chose option c you would then say, "Of those 60%, 33.3% spend under £10, 33.3% spend between £10-£20 and 33.3% spend over £20".

If 3 of them said they buy products at the salon you would add, "and 50% purchase take home products during their visit".

From those figures you could conclude that there is a market for an extra beauty provider in your area, but that you would need to have treatments suitable for all budgets and definitely invest in some retail too.

Are you actually opening a business or is this a project by the way?

It's simpler than you might think.

All you need to do is think of the information you'd use to 'build your business' and ask the appropriate questions.

e.g. Here are 3 questions:

1. Do you regularly visit beauty or nail salons?
2. How much do you spend each time? a) Under £10. b) £10-£20 c) Over £20.
3. Do you buy products from the beauty salon?

Imagine if you gave 10 questionnaires out (10 people).

If 6 answered yes to question 1, then your statistic would be "60% of people in my area regularly visit beauty or nail salons".

If say 2 of them chose option a in question 2, and 2 chose option b and 2 chose option c you would then say, "Of those 60%, 33.3% spend under £10, 33.3% spend between £10-£20 and 33.3% spend over £20".

If 3 of them said they buy products at the salon you would add, "and 50% purchase take home products during their visit".

From those figures you could conclude that there is a market for an extra beauty provider in your area, but that you would need to have treatments suitable for all budgets and definitely invest in some retail too.

Are you actually opening a business or is this a project by the way?

Thank you so much that is a real help :) Im starting a home based beauty salon. Im doing it through the princes trust and I have todo a business plan for it. Thanks again :) xx

Thank you so much that is a real help :) Im starting a home based beauty salon. Im doing it through the princes trust and I have todo a business plan for it. Thanks again :) xx

I did all mine through the princes trust :)
Good luck sweet x

Hi hun how did you find it and hows your business going? Xxx

Hi hun how did you find it and hows your business going? Xxx

It was very tiring and stressful but that was because I was on a deadline with landlord wanting an answer about if I wanted the building or not so I had to work my ass off to get my business plan sorted to then go to panel.
But without them I would have struggled so they have been great and my business at the minute is going very well :)
My mentor was lovely aswell I could ring him anytime didn't matter how big or small my problem was.
Met prince Charles out of it too so lucky bonus lol.
Good luck hun if ya want any advice just message me x

It was very tiring and stressful but that was because I was on a deadline with landlord wanting an answer about if I wanted the building or not so I had to work my ass off to get my business plan sorted to then go to panel.
But without them I would have struggled so they have been great and my business at the minute is going very well :)
My mentor was lovely aswell I could ring him anytime didn't matter how big or small my problem was.
Met prince Charles out of it too so lucky bonus lol.
Good luck hun if ya want any advice just message me x

Wow its sounds stressful. Im doing a home based beauty salon, im so excited :) aww thats really sweet of you :) thanks hun xxxx

Latest posts

Back