Questions about a bookkeeper for those that have 'em

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms. Nailz

Reaction score
Do you have to pay them and how do you know they are reputable? Thanks. :cool:

Do poeple normally work for you for free? Yes you pay them.

You generally check their credentials /qualifications first, if they have not been personally recommended to you.

Yeah, dumb question, but the only dumb question is the one not asked.

I do my own book keeping then give it all done ready for the accountant to sign it off. It keeps the cost the accountant down. I wish I could do it all myself!
Book keeping is pretty easy and you know exactly where you are all the time (as long as you are up to date) all you need is some a4 envelopes, your bank statements, paying in book, reciepts/ivoices, excel and a bit of common.
If you can get someone to show you once the you wont need to pay anyone.

Your accountant could also do it and charge you the earth.

Hope that helps.

yes it does, thanks.

I doff my hat to those who do their own bookkeeping.
I go cross eyed the minute I think of GST....

My bookkeeper came to me by way of referral. She came with excellent references and her credentials were easily checkable.

I pay her an hourly rate and my accountant (a larger hourly rate) does the final submission at tax time and answers any detailed technical questions for me.

My accountant came recommended & he's been doing my accounts for 18 years now, since I started.

His wife is a book keeper & I got fed up doing my own books so she's been doing them for about 6 years. Well worth every single penny :)

I guess i'm quite lucky, I part qualified in acounts so I do all of it myself. I don't envy people with no accounts experience, when I first started out studying accounts it was like a foreign language! If you aren't sure I would definatley get a book keeper, at least you know it's being done properly!

Latest posts

Back