Questions about manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collins

Reaction score
I currently am using the salon solution products that I trained with for my manicures while I deciding which manicure range to go with. I've been doing lots of them recently and when I was trained at College I was told only to use cuticle nippers if needed i.e a bit of cutcle had come away and needed nipping. Iwas always told that they shouldn't be touched and only pushed back if in good condition. Also if the cuticles are overgrown I was told not to cut them but to soak them and push them back. A few of my clients have told me that when they have had manicures before their cuticles were also cut. What is the ruling on this? am I doing the right thing?

Also I 've been looking for those battery powered nail dryers that you can get sometimes from argos. I looked everywhere with no luck has anyone got one? if so where did you get it from?

Hi, i think Sam did an article recently about this in scratch, cutting the eponichium will make it grow back harder, so soaking and pushing back is the right thing to do, cutting can lead to infections etc.

Love Paula xx

Hi Clare, the only bits that you should be nipping away are the non living tissue thats been removed from the nail plate, if your client has rough, thick, overgrown cuticles and you start cutting away at it then you are nipping living tissue which will in time grow back thicker scar tissue. You will need to advise your clients to invest in some good quality oil (Solar Oil) and use it regularly so the cuticle will become more soft and moisturised. HTH

David.x

Thanks, good to know that I am doing it correctly. I've spoken to a few people lately that are training and have been told by their tutors to nip back the living cuticle.

clare.x

Latest posts

Back