questions about performing facials at college

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millytada

Reaction score
Hi Im learning beauty therapy through an apprenticeship so im half at college half in a salon Ive just started studying facials and I had a few questions could you please help id really appreciate it!!

1. How long should a general facial last (superficial,deep cleanse,exfoliate,steam,extractions,massage,mask etc)?

2.When you do a superficial cleanse do you tone and blot after, do the skin analysis then do the deep cleanse and again tone and blot or do you do the sup[erfical cleanse and move onto the skin analysis and deep cleanse without toning and blotting?

3. Do you tone and blot after you exfoliate the skin before steaming?

If you could also run through how you were taught to do the sequence that wpuld be great!!!!!Sorry i sound so dumb i get nervous and forget what ive been taught lol x

Hi Im learning beauty therapy through an apprenticeship so im half at college half in a salon Ive just started studying facials and I had a few questions could you please help id really appreciate it!!

1. How long should a general facial last (superficial,deep cleanse,exfoliate,steam,extractions,massage,mask etc)?
1 Hour for the facial

2.When you do a superficial cleanse do you tone and blot after, do the skin analysis then do the deep cleanse and again tone and blot or do you do the sup[erfical cleanse and move onto the skin analysis and deep cleanse without toning and blotting?
I dont t&B after superficial cleanse. I t&B after the deep cleanse then after exfoliate,after extraction and after Masque. Just the way I was taught.

3. Do you tone and blot after you exfoliate the skin before steaming?
Yes,I do

If you could also run through how you were taught to do the sequence that wpuld be great!!!!!Sorry i sound so dumb i get nervous and forget what ive been taught lol x

Consulatation
Eye & Lip Cleanse
Superficial Cleanse
Skin Analysis
Deep Cleanse
T&B
Exfoliate
T&B
Steam
Extraction
T&B
Massage
Masque
T&B
Moisturise
Eye gel

Hope this helps you.
Sam

do you not tone and blot asfter you massage you remove the cream/oil?thanks for the help btw!realli appreciate it xx

You wil find that there is slight differences in the order of the facial procedures between different colleges so make sure that you follow the procedure that has been set by yours. This is what you will be asessed against so for the time being will be the one that counts.

When you have in-house training by the product suppliers they will likely be different agian to suit their own products.

Latest posts

Back