Questions for NVQ Level 2 portfolio: waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalou6

Reaction score
Hi

I have 2 question that i need help answering the answer is probably simple but i've done blank!

The first of the portfolio question

1. Why can't you use talc

Is this because it doesn't allow the skin to breathe? Or is there another reason, can i elaborate on this?

2. How to perform a skin sensative test might and why it is affected by menstration?

Any help would be great thanks xxx

I was taught to use talc when I trained although I don't use it - contraindication is possibly to do with inhalation of it for a client who may be asthmatic.

Clients are more sensitive to waxing during menstruation as the body gets warmer when we menstruate due to increased pulse rate, the blood goes closer to the surface of the skin to cool us, and this causes greater sensitivity - could also be that we are generally more arsey when we're on, so just feel the pain more!!!

That is what I was taught, but couple that with the fact that I was taught to use talc, and it may all be wrong!!!
Vicki x

using talc after waxing blocks the pores. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379355858.741651.jpg
is this what you meant? xxx

Very interesting. I was taught to apply talc before the treatment!

Thanks so much for the help! It's so appreciated! Maybe you can use it before but not after? X

Latest posts

Back