Questions on intimate waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
I am trained in all beauty including waxing but obviously at college you only get taught the basic bikini wax but over the years I have built my confidence and my own technique for bikini wax including removing all hair, I don't offer this to clients just yet only friends as I was wondering even though I am qualified in waxing do I have to do an additional course to say I'm qualified in intimate waxing before I can offer this service? I feel confident enough to do this on clients but don't want to go ahead if its not allowed.
The thing is also I'm shocking with bikini wax on myself I can have anything waxed but when someone does my bikini I'm in agony and a lot of training courses make you practise on each other which petrifies me :( how will I do it? X x

You need to call your insurance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

The only way you can be sure is to ask your insurance company. I'm doing my training for intimate waxing in November as i definitely don't have the confidence to take it all off. I must admit my greatest worry is baring my noony to the world and being practised on, but at the same time, I really want to learn. If you're confident, I would speak to your insurers and see what they say x

if you dont have the qualification in intimate waxing then you are not insured, so if anything goes wrong, they can sue the hell outta you!

Plus, even if you are self taught, by going on the appropriate course you may learn techniques which you didnt know about and may help you to become a better waxer.

The course I did, you had to practice on a model, not each other.

Hope that helps!

What wax are you using? Strip or non strip, you want to be trained in the hot non strip wax as its much nicer for waxing the area x

Just on the training on each other point.
You're putting yourself in your clients' shoes if you have it done yourself. It does make my clients feel much better when I tell them I go through the same thing.
I have been to one therapist who was nervous, which made me nervous. It was like she was embarrassed. Horrible experience!

Just on the training on each other point.
You're putting yourself in your clients' shoes if you have it done yourself. It does make my clients feel much better when I tell them I go through the same thing.
I have been to one therapist who was nervous, which made me nervous. It was like she was embarrassed. Horrible experience!

I'm not big on 'all off' but the one thing that made me grit my teeth and book it is knowing that I'll be doing and having done what my clients will be having done. Knowing me, I'll probably be showing it to them lol!!

This is great thanks I'm not nervous with my clients atall I see all sorts and as someone else mentioned if I'm nervous the client is nervous but I'm confident not to sound big headed or cocky.
Will have to book on the course then i want to better myself I best get my search on, anyone know any good courses to recommend, I know Kim lawless is ace but I'm In Barnsley South Yorkshire x

This is great thanks I'm not nervous with my clients atall I see all sorts and as someone else mentioned if I'm nervous the client is nervous but I'm confident not to sound big headed or cocky.
Will have to book on the course then i want to better myself I best get my search on, anyone know any good courses to recommend, I know Kim lawless is ace but I'm In Barnsley South Yorkshire x
I get students from all over so hope you think it worth the journey.

In answer to your question, it's a grey area re insurance. Many insurers do not require a qualification in intimate waxing but oddly ask for your certs when you do train.

Check with your insurer.

Right I'm gonna ring my insurer tomorrow but I reckon I will have to bite the bullet and get my tootie done at the training :(
Thankyou for all your replies and help xxxx

Hi Hun I'm in a similar situation. And I'm in South Yorkshire. Iv PM'd you

Laura xx

I've never waxed or been waxed and I'm training with Kim in November. Can't wait and hadn't really thought about the pain until you mentioned it!! Ooooh bit scared now...

I've never waxed or been waxed and I'm training with Kim in November. Can't wait and hadn't really thought about the pain until you mentioned it!! Ooooh bit scared now...

OOer!!! I'm with Kim in November too!!! I might end up doing what my mate did when she had her intimate waxing done the first time - she took the towel off of the therapist and put it over her own head lol!!!

I did an intimate waxing course last year & we practised on each other (luckily I was with another girl from my salon) but it was fine, because we were all there for the same thing & all nervous about 'our turn' it turnt out to be fine. Your all in the same situation n it was quite a laugh actually, and you haven't got take take your underwear off if your not comfortable you can adjust it to the side or some people jus prefer a towel (which I find easy less faffing about) but you'll all be ok : )

Squidgernetball are u going on 12th and 13th?

OOer!!! I'm with Kim in November too!!! I might end up doing what my mate did when she had her intimate waxing done the first time - she took the towel off of the therapist and put it over her own head lol!!!
Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't use towels.:evil:x

Can I ask why you don't use towels kim? Do you just put a plastic wax cover on then couch roll?

Can I ask why you don't use towels kim? Do you just put a plastic wax cover on then couch roll?

I think they're unhygienic and they'd need to be changed after every client.

I just use couch roll and I clean the bed after every client with anti-bacterial spray.

That's a whole couch roll over my head then!!!

Cloughers, I'm not on those dates. Hope you really enjoy it x

That's a whole couch roll over my head then!!!

Cloughers, I'm not on those dates. Hope you really enjoy it x

Wear that baseball cap and nobody will recognise you. x

Latest posts

Back