Quick box colour question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshlas

Reaction score
Just bought dark ash blonde to coverup few greys before next colour, hairdresser told me to buy light brown or dark blonde, the only colour they had nearest was ash dark blonde and this will be going over my brown hair? Just want to make sure I'm not gonna lighten my brown in anyway? Just want it to cover grey

No idea, it's a box dye. If it contains peroxide, it will lighten hair.

WHY is your hairdresser telling you to buy colours!?

I wouldn't use a box colour if I were you. You can get root touch ups (waxes/powders etc) that will see you through each hair app. ColourWow is an amazing product to use to hide those roots!

If i were you i'd buy that box colour, walk into the salon and expose your hairdresser, 'Hey, is this the right box colour to put on my head, idid what you told me!!' I'd switch hairdressers, like i'm all for good hair, but when they tell you to buy box colour to do your roots I'd be gone, they are so bad for your hair, any professional and educated hairdresser would never ever recommend box colour.

I didn't realise box colours were so bad, they are a really good salon although it was the youngest girl doing my hair....I put it on and to my suprise it came out quite dark but thankfully I only put small amounts in, my greys come through so fast I'm talking a week and they are there!! Ice tried that wow not for me as hair so fine it goes straight onto scalp, any thoughts on loreal magic. Touch up? I really need something for in between colours

I didn't realise box colours were so bad, they are a really good salon although it was the youngest girl doing my hair....I put it on and to my suprise it came out quite dark but thankfully I only put small amounts in, my greys come through so fast I'm talking a week and they are there!! Ice tried that wow not for me as hair so fine it goes straight onto scalp, any thoughts on loreal magic. Touch up? I really need something for in between colours

You can get a product called colourwow (i think) its much more professional and a trusted product than loreal colour magic.

Box colour is vile, its the worst if the worst, they just throw everything in, including metallic salts a lot of the time which won't bode well if you're getting your hair coloured professionally too (purple, green and dead hair). Not only that but they can't cater for every situation so they'll turn out completely different on everyone.

I'm surprised that your hairdresser is recommending using box dyes between appointments as presumably, it will have an adverse affect on your highlights if you are applying the colour all over?

I'll have to give colour wow another go, well my hair dresser didn't suggest it, I said if I'm gonna touch up my greys shall I go for a lighter colour, she said yes light brown or dark blonde....I have ombre so only touching right at root.

I'll have to give colour wow another go, well my hair dresser didn't suggest it, I said if I'm gonna touch up my greys shall I go for a lighter colour, she said yes light brown or dark blonde....I have ombre so only touching right at root.

Still thats really unprofessional that she agreed. If it were my client i recommend you not to colour your own hair.

With the Colourwow, go for the colour that's closest to the colour on the roots. Unfortunately they don't have a massive variety of shades but if you go into a salon that sells it they should be able to advise you as to wish colour will be best [emoji5]️ also, with the colour wow you only need a little amount of product! Start of very lightly and then build it up if need be, I hope this helps honey! X

I don't think in all my time going to good n bad salons and I've had my fair share lol that once has anyone ever told me how bad box dyes are lol....they may curl there lips but never tell me why!! I don't think I'll ever use a box dye again lol....Thanks for yr help ladies :)

Latest posts

Back