Quick dip acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thearobertsxo

Reaction score
What does everyone think about quick dip nails?
I wanted to maybe introduce them to my clients as it’s kind of the new thing at the moment.
I was wondering if for clients is it best to pour the powder on rather than dip their fingers in incase of cross contamination? And also if it’s okay to apply gel polish over the top as I could add that as an extra if they wanted it?
I’m thinking of using the brand ASP quick dip, that you can buy from Sally’s (in the uk) it’s got excellent reviews and might use it, in that kit the last step is to use a gel activator? Would I be able to skip that step and go straight into gel polish instead? As I wouldn’t want the nail to look bulky at all.
Thanks for your help

My honest opinion is that it doesn’t look like a professional system which is why I’ve never invested in it. How can an apex be built in without applying too much product then filing it off?

I already offer L&P with nail art so doubt my clients would be interested.

I’ve also seen many not so good reviews and kits being sold off as the top coat isn’t glossy, lids continually sticking, brushes damaged etc. Not by the brand you’re interested in, just in general.

ASP is made by Cuccio. I have done the training in the Cuccio version and it's identical. I bought the system because although I'm trained in L&P, I don't offer it as I am a Beauty Therapist and the smell lingers too long, so I was persuaded to try the Dip system as an alternative. In my honest opinion, I think it's a bit of a fad. As Ciderella says, you can't build much of an apex with it so not really suited to longer nails. I found it quite brittle after a few days and you can't really infill it unless the client wants exactly the same colour each time. I had a bit of fun with it in the beginning but haven't used it for over a year now.

I think it appeals to a lot of people (myself too if I'm honest!) because it's sold as being very simple to use, which it is, but actually to get professional looking results there's more to it than just dipping each finger in the pot as it can get very thick around the cuticles and sidewalls so product placement is key. It is also advertised as being stronger than gel polish alone. This is true, but I think there are better alternatives to achieving stronger nails.

If you do decide to invest, don't skip the activator stage as this is what cures the product.
You can apply gel polish over the top of a clear or French pink, but I didn't find it lasted as long, so I definitely wouldn't choose this system over a hard gel or L&P for overlays.

I found the best top coat to use (you can't use standard gel polish top coats) was Salon Services UV Gel Extreme Gloss.
HTH x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back