Quick dip acrylic (SNS and Kiara Sky)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ella_Glam

Reaction score
Being a mobile technician, I'm always looking for more products to train in which is better for offering in the comfort of somebody elses home.
Currently am training in quick dip acrylics, hoping to offer them to clientele within the first few months of 2018.
I'm looking at purchasing a few different colours to start off my collection, so when I've finished my qualification I already have a few colours ready to begin- but which brands of quick dip acrylic do people suggest?

I had SNS for a long time and loved them, but I've also discovered Kiara Sky online, and love the colours. Does anybody have any experience with Kiara Sky? The durability? The colours? The quality? etc.
A few of my clients are people who own / work with horses, so i'm looking for something definitely strong and durable for stable work and being outside working manually in all weather types.

I am also fully qualified in liquid and powder acrylic, but this is a personal and client choice for me to stop offering liquid and powder and begin offering quick dip.

Out of interest why are you stopping offering l&p? You just said yourself quite a few of your clients have horses & are looking for something strong and durable, well l&p would by far be the heavy weight in durability! As correct product placement will give you a lovely strong apex, giving you an enhancement that looks great & lasts!! With tip & dip, these can look pretty “flat” with no real apex as you can’t build like. This is a system that doesn’t require any real skill, it certainly won’t set you apart from the rest!!

Out of interest why are you stopping offering l&p? You just said yourself quite a few of your clients have horses & are looking for something strong and durable, well l&p would by far be the heavy weight in durability! As correct product placement will give you a lovely strong apex, giving you an enhancement that looks great & lasts!! With tip & dip, these can look pretty “flat” with no real apex as you can’t build like. This is a system that doesn’t require any real skill, it certainly won’t set you apart from the rest!!
I am mobile and my clients don't want the smell of the liquid and powder acrylic in their houses, so as quick dip is odour free, I'm opting for that option. I was risking loosing clients over it, who was going to change to go to a salon to avoid the acrylic smell in their houses.

Well you can offer both
These clients are probably going to come back once they realize it’s not as strong as acrylic

I offer both l&p & hard gel, hard gel is great & has no smell! To be honest I wouldn’t be dictated to by your clients as to what products you or shouldn’t be using!! If they can’t stand the Smell in their house for even an hour they will hate it even more in the salon with 2/3/4 nail tech ALL doing nails. Is the room well ventilated when you are working? Also when I’m doing l&p I tend to take nappy sacs & put all my rubbish in there & either take it with me or put it in their outside bin, as the smell can linger if your putting your rubbish in their kitchen bin! HTH X

I offer both l&p & hard gel, hard gel is great & has no smell! To be honest I wouldn’t be dictated to by your clients as to what products you or shouldn’t be using!! If they can’t stand the Smell in their house for even an hour they will hate it even more in the salon with 2/3/4 nail tech ALL doing nails. Is the room well ventilated when you are working? Also when I’m doing l&p I tend to take nappy sacs & put all my rubbish in there & either take it with me or put it in their outside bin, as the smell can linger if your putting your rubbish in their kitchen bin! HTH X
I'm not being dictated by clients, in my original post I did say it was both a personal and client choice. I had SNS nails myself for 2 years and loved them, also found them very strong when riding and caring for horses, myself- so I would also like to start doing quick dip. My post was really asking for reccomendations for quick dip products other techs use, to see if anyone had experience working with either SNS or Kiara Sky themselves, as I was a client myself having SNS.
But to answer your question, sometimes the room is well ventilated, other times it isn't due to doing the nails in the clients homes, but I do always prewarn the clients prior. Also, I never leave any rubbish in their house, always take it with me. Ella ☺️x

Also just to add, the part of Essex that I live and work in, quick dip is becoming very popular and is also becoming the preferred acrylic method in many clients and people.

The new artistic colour gloss one looks great

I've heard great reviews about Kiarasky, although I don't use any quick and dip myself
As to SNS, from what I'm hearing, they are having troubles with their top coat.
As with everything, get yourself some trial kits and test them out yourself

I use Kiara Sky Dip System! I love it, a lot of my clients go with it for a few months and no longer use extensions as their own nails have grown beautifully! Removal is easy and it doesn’t damage the nail bed!
The top coat can be a little tempramental though so make sure you follow each step exactly!
It’s a great alternative to gel polish as it lasts longer (around three weeks) and you can still do lovely designs with it.
I do agree that with an extension the shape is a little flat but I’m sure you can adapt the application to build more of an apex (I know some people who have) it’s just trial an error!
Also Kiara Sky have amazing customer support I email them with any issues/troubleshooting and they get back to me within a couple of days. X

I use Kiara Sky Dip System! I love it, a lot of my clients go with it for a few months and no longer use extensions as their own nails have grown beautifully! Removal is easy and it doesn’t damage the nail bed!
The top coat can be a little tempramental though so make sure you follow each step exactly!
It’s a great alternative to gel polish as it lasts longer (around three weeks) and you can still do lovely designs with it.
I do agree that with an extension the shape is a little flat but I’m sure you can adapt the application to build more of an apex (I know some people who have) it’s just trial an error!
Also Kiara Sky have amazing customer support I email them with any issues/troubleshooting and they get back to me within a couple of days. X
Thank you very much for your very helpful reply! I have been looking in to the Kiara Sky dip system recently - the colours are stunning and there are very helpful videos on YouTube I've been watching to get a feel for the brand. I had SNS quick dip for years and loved it, and have wanted to offer quick dip to my clients for a long time, but just struggled to find a course which offered it - but now I've found one!
So you use Kiara Sky on natural nails, too? :) I wanted to find a dip that I can offer both on tips and natural nails, so that will be perfect if I can!
I'm so excited - I've also found a distributor about 10 minutes from my financès house too! So easy to purchase colours and being able to see them in person first, too! X

Thank you very much for your very helpful reply! I have been looking in to the Kiara Sky dip system recently - the colours are stunning and there are very helpful videos on YouTube I've been watching to get a feel for the brand. I had SNS quick dip for years and loved it, and have wanted to offer quick dip to my clients for a long time, but just struggled to find a course which offered it - but now I've found one!
So you use Kiara Sky on natural nails, too? :) I wanted to find a dip that I can offer both on tips and natural nails, so that will be perfect if I can!
I'm so excited - I've also found a distributor about 10 minutes from my financès house too! So easy to purchase colours and being able to see them in person first, too! X

Hi Ella,

That’s no problem at all hun, yes I actually use the dip powder on a natural nail more than I use gel polish.
I get mine from TNBL and Annabels Nails they both offer great service.

Always swatch your colours as some of them come out much darker than they are in the pot. And as previously mentioned practice with the top coat as it is so tempramental, the finish is slightly less glossy than a gel but it couldn’t be Matte (if it’s really matte that’s because the base hasent dried or not enough seal protect has been used).
I have had people tell me that you can top coat with a gel polish (gives a much glossier finish) but I am yet to master that, it always lifts when I do this.
Kiara Sky has just launched a new colour starter kit which looks fab, their normal starter kit is for pink and white and I find I use this less.
You will also need colours natural (this is the colour you will use for the initial dip layer) and clear (this is the colour you will dip into after your last coat of base before you seal protect, buff and file) clear is very important as it protects the colour underneath when buffing.
If you ever want any advice or tips let me know, I am still learning everyday but happy to help if you need to trouble shoot or anything.
H x

I use Kiara Sky and I love it! Never had a problem building an apex and I find that they don’t lift as much as some regular acrylics do, if at all

I use Kiara Sky and I love it! Never had a problem building an apex and I find that they don’t lift as much as some regular acrylics do, if at all
Do you just use it as instructed or do you add/change a step to create more of an apex?

Do you just use it as instructed or do you add/change a step to create more of an apex?

I sometimes just adjust my application in order to create an apex, especially when using tips as sometimes I find that the steps they use aren’t enough

Hi

Sorry to gate crash this post but I wondered what this was and I've just looked on YouTube and I love it!! I can't get on with l&p but I'm new so still trying to get it right. Was just going to offer gel as I find it easier, do you think I could offer the quick dip acrylic but not l&p? . Do you need to be trained to do this or is my nail technology qualification enough?

Hi

Sorry to gate crash this post but I wondered what this was and I've just looked on YouTube and I love it!! I can't get on with l&p but I'm new so still trying to get it right. Was just going to offer gel as I find it easier, do you think I could offer the quick dip acrylic but not l&p? . Do you need to be trained to do this or is my nail technology qualification enough?
Hey, no problem at all it is super easy once you have practiced with it a bit to understand the product a little more and how it works! I prefer it to gel as it lasts longer and I find it easier to remove.
Negatives are the top coat that comes with it is very tempramental, I found I had no issues with it and then as soon as I tried to use it in the hair salon I do nails at it just will not work (goes Matte) must just be the moisture in the air or something, you can use a gel top coat over it instead in those instances though but you have to ensure you alter the steps to avoid lifting! I assumed I could just use it with my training but it might be worth checking with your insurance provider!
If you decide to give it a go feel free to message me to trouble shoot or ask questions! Xx

Thanks very much Hcnails!!xx

Love Kiara Sky and you can now get if from us too as we are an official UK distributor.........and pretty helpful too:):):):)

www.nailsinternational.co.uk

Happy New Year everyone x

Love Kiara Sky and you can now get if from us too as we are an official UK distributor.........and pretty helpful too:):):):)

www.nailsinternational.co.uk

Happy New Year everyone x
That’s great to know thank you! Do you have any experience with the top coat? I am finding that it works fine at home and other peoples houses but as soon as I try to use it at the hair salon I work at it just won’t cooperate, do you think that moisture in the air/humidity if the salon could have an effect? Kiara Sky are super helpful but they always say my application is incorrect but as it’s only at the salon that I get the problems I know that’s not the case.

Latest posts

Back