Quick dip acrylic (SNS and Kiara Sky)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Sorry to gate crash this post but I wondered what this was and I've just looked on YouTube and I love it!! I can't get on with l&p but I'm new so still trying to get it right. Was just going to offer gel as I find it easier, do you think I could offer the quick dip acrylic but not l&p? . Do you need to be trained to do this or is my nail technology qualification enough?
I have the nail technology qualification, and I'm taking out a course in quick dip at the end of this month. :) Just so I learn everything I possibly can about my product!
I was a client having quick dip for years and I honestly can say I personally much prefer it to l&p acrylic, so when my l&p clients expressed an interest in quick dip, I just had to change :D Suits me very much, I am so excited to offer it to my clientele and hopefully bring in new clients!

I have the nail technology qualification, and I'm taking out a course in quick dip at the end of this month. :) Just so I learn everything I possibly can about my product!
I was a client having quick dip for years and I honestly can say I personally much prefer it to l&p acrylic, so when my l&p clients expressed an interest in quick dip, I just had to change :D Suits me very much, I am so excited to offer it to my clientele and hopefully bring in new clients!
Where are you taking your course out of your interest? I would be really keep to look into this myself xx

Hi hope you don't mind me asking, but where are you doing your training? And I'm finding a lot of conflicting info online saying quick dip acrylic isn't the same as sns but I really want to train in SNS

Hi hope you don't mind me asking, but where are you doing your training? And I'm finding a lot of conflicting info online saying quick dip acrylic isn't the same as sns but I really want to train in SNS
Hi!
I haven’t actually taken any training yet in dip powder (I have taken training in everything else and did this at Katie Barnes Training Academy in Warwick, can’t recomend her enough).
I am hoping to take a course in Dip Powder soon for insurance purposes but struggling to find a course that insures you to use other dip powder brands (I use Kiara Sky). I think they are all very similar lat but maybe vary in quality! All dip powders seem to have issue with their top coat so invest in a really good gel top coat to use instead! X

Sorry ladies I haven't seen any email notifications for this post, I took a dip powder course today, thoroughly enjoyed it and couldn't recommend enough! I took the course in Essex, but I know they also have academies in London and Kent.
Ladies, take a look at UK Beauty Schools. They are who I've done my training with, my course was very indepth and I've come out of the course feeling very knowledgable. It would help if you have l&p qualification, due to already holding the basics (mani etc and l&p) I flew through the course x

O
Sorry ladies I haven't seen any email notifications for this post, I took a dip powder course today, thoroughly enjoyed it and couldn't recommend enough! I took the course in Essex, but I know they also have academies in London and Kent.
Ladies, take a look at UK Beauty Schools. They are who I've done my training with, my course was very indepth and I've come out of the course feeling very knowledgable. It would help if you have l&p qualification, due to already holding the basics (mani etc and l&p) I flew through the course x
oo interested I’m in Romford. Where was your course. Thx

Hi!
I haven’t actually taken any training yet in dip powder (I have taken training in everything else and did this at Katie Barnes Training Academy in Warwick, can’t recomend her enough).
I am hoping to take a course in Dip Powder soon for insurance purposes but struggling to find a course that insures you to use other dip powder brands (I use Kiara Sky). I think they are all very similar lat but maybe vary in quality! All dip powders seem to have issue with their top coat so invest in a really good gel top coat to use instead! X
On the subject of top coats, try a UV/LED hard gel top coat rather than a normal gel polish top coat. This is what I was taught to use on my Cuccio Powder Dip training course.

Hi, sorry to gate crash this post, I have just recently taken on gelish/entity Dip powders, and I’m struggling with the top coat drying matte in patches and not looking perfectly smooth and shiny? I looked at the Kiara Sky products and these would have been my second choice! Is there any dip systems that use a top coat that u can cure under a lamp? It’s so frustrating when u do a lovely set of nails that are then ruined by the top coat? I have tried the Jessica gel top coat and a high shine polish top coat but both don’t last? Any advice would be really appreciated!

Hi, sorry to gate crash this post, I have just recently taken on gelish/entity Dip powders, and I’m struggling with the top coat drying matte in patches and not looking perfectly smooth and shiny? I looked at the Kiara Sky products and these would have been my second choice! Is there any dip systems that use a top coat that u can cure under a lamp? It’s so frustrating when u do a lovely set of nails that are then ruined by the top coat? I have tried the Jessica gel top coat and a high shine polish top coat but both don’t last? Any advice would be really appreciated!
Try Salon Services Extreme Gloss UV gel. I was told normal gel top coats don't work with dipping systems. I'd never bother with normal non-gel topcoats either because they havent got the longevity.

I'm pretty sure EzFlow do a dip kit with either a air drying top coat or gel.

That is exactly what happens to me!

I have been doing gel nails for nearly 10 years and thought I would offer my clients a soak off system using kiara skydipping powder, I have spent £100's expanding my range of colours. Everything is easy and looks beautiful until the top coat, it doesn't dry properly and doesn't leave a high shine which is what my clients want so, I tried using my uv gel top coat, this just peels. its so frustrating and I dreading my clients I have booked in tomorrow!
Im not that keen on the salon services dipping range, they are sticky... I have you tubed so many video however they don't seem to have the problem..

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
That is exactly what happens to me!

I have been doing gel nails for nearly 10 years and thought I would offer my clients a soak off system using kiara skydipping powder, I have spent £100's expanding my range of colours. Everything is easy and looks beautiful until the top coat, it doesn't dry properly and doesn't leave a high shine which is what my clients want so, I tried using my uv gel top coat, this just peels. its so frustrating and I dreading my clients I have booked in tomorrow!
Im not that keen on the salon services dipping range, they are sticky... I have you tubed so many video however they don't seem to have the problem..

[merged posts]

Just so you’re aware, the poster you’ve quoted has been absent from Salon Geek since February this year, and the thread was created 2 years ago.

I always use gel top coat. Just make sure to put base coat first so the top coat has something to stick too xx

Latest posts

Back