Quick Greenie question - need reassuring!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eob

Reaction score
Hi all

A quick greenie question as I need reassurance!!

Had a client come into today (it was her second rebalance appointment with me). Low and behold the dreaded greenie had appeared on one of her nails. When I looked at the nail a slight crack had appeared which I hadnt noticed so this may have been the reason for the bacteria present. Unsure of what to do (apart from remove the product and thoroughly clean the nail). I did not want to put more product on top. After reading through various articles on greenies I know it is safe to do that now.

My question is, is it ok to have left the nail with no product on? Will the greenie get worse without product on.

Thanks guys
Emma

No. You have removed the environment that the bacteria needs to survive i.e. warm and wet (nice for some!!) The stain will remain until it grows out although it may fade a bit.

Don't panic. You did the right thing by not ignoring it :)

if there is a crack in the nail should you aviod putting extensions on or not???

Katmoz33 said:
if there is a crack in the nail should you aviod putting extensions on or not???
WHat sort of a crack are we talking about.
1. a normal split at the free edge?
2. a crack right through the nail plate?

Mum I dilute a little bleach and use a cotton bud on the greenie. This does not remove the greenie alltogether but it does make it lighter in colour and reapted again the next day. Thankfully It is very rare at ND4 but we get a few from other salon's. The solution is very weak however if the greenie is very bad I usually let the client leave off the product for a least a week and allow th sun/light to get to it. Some just love those dark places. I find generally if a client get's a greenie their first instict is to cover it up with nail polish. What methos do you use generally! :lol:

warm and wet (nice for some!!)

PMSL!!!!

Is this where nail fresh comes in, or do you just scrubfresh?

Aspirations said:
PMSL!!!!

Is this where nail fresh comes in, or do you just scrubfresh?

Ensure you reveal the entire area of the infection (remove all old product around it) and Scrubfresh thoroughly - Scrub Fresh leaves a pathogen fighter on the nail plate and will kill off the bacteria.
Nail Fresh is a deep dehydrator and does not have pathogen fighters.

Make sure that any abrasives you use on the infected nail are not used on any other nail and are thrown out when you've finished working on the nail.

Good sanitisation is an absolute must when you have bacteria...

N2D4 said:
Mum I dilute a little bleach and use a cotton bud on the greenie. This does not remove the greenie alltogether but it does make it lighter in colour and reapted again the next day. Thankfully It is very rare at ND4 but we get a few from other salon's. The solution is very weak however if the greenie is very bad I usually let the client leave off the product for a least a week and allow th sun/light to get to it. Some just love those dark places. I find generally if a client get's a greenie their first instict is to cover it up with nail polish. What methos do you use generally! :lol:
Good point Envy,
Bleach will lighten the stain, but will not leave pathogen fighting agents on the nailplate, a product like scrubfresh will, there is no need to leave enhancement or coating off the nail, when the bacteria has been removed, the enviroment is made bacteria unfriendly, it is perfectly ok to apply a new tip or coating to the nail..............the green stain will grow out, the green stain is the bacterial poo that has been left behind from the feast the bacteria has had on the nail plate...........
If you are using nail fresh as well as scrubfresh, use the nail fresh first and then really scrub the scrubfresh into the nail, as if you where to remove red enamel.......... scrubbing is the way to go xxxx
HTH

hi guys, sorry to be a little dim here but if you dont use scrubfresh what alternative can you use that will do the same as scrubfresh? I noticed a small green spot on my nail the other day and panicked so removed the enahnacement, because i was panicking i was going to have a monster growing on my nail i buffed my natural nail (sorry!) and the green spot slowly disappeared and so ive since renewed the enhancement but im still a little worried and not sure if this would be a greenie?:o thanks x

Latest posts

Back