quick nail system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suzie01895

Reaction score
I am new to nails, so this will be the first of many questions - I cant seem to find a system that I am really happy with. I have tried UV acrylic, but I didnt like the finish, I have tried acrylic but even after doing 20 sets, still found it difficult to work with. I am now using the quick nail system by the Edge - has anyone any comments on this system? - I am also thinking about trying bio sculpture - is it any good? I would be grateful for any comments. thanks Sue

Hi Sue

We use Bio Sculpture as well as Creative Acrylic where I work.

It is extremely easy to use - if you can paint using polish, you can use Bio Sculpture.

The finish is lovely and glossy but it isn't as hard wearing as acrylics. We tend to use this a lot more for overlays or on Customers that aren't nail biters/abusers.

You do need to advise the Customer that they must wear gloves when doing all household chores as it will discolour. It almost looks like they have been reading a newspaper and the print has come off on their nails. However, Bio Sculpture has now introduced a sealer gel that will combat this. We are using it and it certainly prevents any staining.

Acrylic is by far the most popular and hardwearing. However, as a newbie, you will find it will probably take you up to a 100 sets before you perfect your application! After that, it seems mega easy to use - especially Creative's...

Hope this helps,

Emma x

Many that are new to nails use the expression "I don't get on with it"!!!
What you are really saying is that you are unable to make the system work for you.

The fact is that any system can be used to make beautiful looking nails if the technician has the talent. Some systems are better than others in that they last longer and are more beautiful and easy to work with, but if the talent is there, you will be happy with the esthetic results.

It takes time to develop an eye for beauty! It takes time skill and practice to create that beauty. Twenty sets?? This is no time at all. You must be realistic and realize that it may take a year before you feel comfortable with the results you get, and then it will take many more years to build your skill and knowledge base ... in fact you will go on learning forever. There are always new techniques to be mastered .. new ideas, hints and tricks to be passed on. Your job would get very monotonous if this were not the case.

My advice to you is to master and make the systems you are working with work for you. There is no quick fix. Hopping from system to system in the hope that there is some magic product that will make the nails for you and that it is all easy if only you have the right product is fantasy.

Thank goodness it takes lots of practice and hard work to do nails well. Otherwise we would have no business - the clients would do their own nails.

I hope to goodness that there isn't a really easy system out there!

suzie01895 said:
I am new to nails, so this will be the first of many questions - I cant seem to find a system that I am really happy with. I have tried UV acrylic, but I didnt like the finish, I have tried acrylic but even after doing 20 sets, still found it difficult to work with. I am now using the quick nail system by the Edge - has anyone any comments on this system? - I am also thinking about trying bio sculpture - is it any good? I would be grateful for any comments. thanks Sue
Unlike buying a car for instance when we would love a Ferrari but can only afford a Fiat!! The best nail products ARE AFFORDABLE..Buy the best..train in the best..Good nail companies are so helpful ..Dont give up Sue,you may well be much better than the products you are using.
Tricia

I have used The Edge quick nail system and didn't get on with it, maybe i was using it wrong but i found it looked lovely when i first did the nails but they only lasted about a week.

Shelley
suzie01895 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back