Quick question about colour client tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Sorry geeks if this is a stupid question but can't sleep thinking this one over.

Got a new client Tom after having a quick chat she told she was a red/brown colour and that it never held in her hair, she's now blonde so assuming this was bleached by bleach bath or loads of highlights. She wants to stay blonde but isn't to happy with it, think be user it's flat etc I suggested we do foils of bleach and an ash colour to freshen it up and get rid of the yellow tones. I was thinking 12/1 but is this colour even going to deposit itself through her ends?? Or will get roots looks ash then just go to her blonde colour that's on there at the moment?? Should I use a 10/1 or something else? I assume form what she says her hair is porous and doesn't hold many colors very well, I suggested putting thru some darker tones to break it up but she seems to think they won't hold. Any suggestions welcome? Would the 12/1 work? Or wi it just be a root thing? I'm using wella koleston perfect. Thanks in advance xxx

Sorry geeks if this is a stupid question but can't sleep thinking this one over.

Got a new client Tom after having a quick chat she told she was a red/brown colour and that it never held in her hair, she's now blonde so assuming this was bleached by bleach bath or loads of highlights. She wants to stay blonde but isn't to happy with it, think be user it's flat etc I suggested we do foils of bleach and an ash colour to freshen it up and get rid of the yellow tones. I was thinking 12/1 but is this colour even going to deposit itself through her ends?? Or will get roots looks ash then just go to her blonde colour that's on there at the moment?? Should I use a 10/1 or something else? I assume form what she says her hair is porous and doesn't hold many colors very well, I suggested putting thru some darker tones to break it up but she seems to think they won't hold. Any suggestions welcome? Would the 12/1 work? Or wi it just be a root thing? I'm using wella koleston perfect. Thanks in advance xxx

I wouldn't be touching it without having met her in person. Have you strand tested or skin tested?

I find best thing is to break it down in to little parts when u are struggleing to find a solution. Ie
What is her natural base
What colour process has she had in past.
What color does she want to walk out
How often does she colour her hair
What condition is her hair in
Are her expectations realistic
And an odd one. What does she budget each month for her hair

just me ;)

Be careful with the /1 in wella on blonde , dry hair. It tends to get murky. If she feels the low lights never hold, try using the double pigments in kp. Maybe 88/0 or 99/0 at 10 volume. They are pretty and super natural looking. Hope that helps!

Remember a 12/1 + 3% on natural hair will be very orange I would do a set of highlights and I would go all inbetween with 99.0 + 12/1 + 3%. (not wella trained but I would do equivalent in my brand) not touching any of the roots so she has a low light very natural not stripy look yet its ashy and cleaner than a toner

By nautral hair I mean the roots of the foils

No probs well she's naturally a base 7/0 I would say. She's not overly clear what she wants as I'm she's extremely laid back so it's down to me really but I think she wants it to look fresher and to get rid of the gold tone. I was thinking Bout maybe doing foils of bleach highlights and maybe a 7/03 to get a wa brown that will hopefully fade through nicely to a 8/9/03 over time but again not sure on the ends....then thought maybe about doing just bleach h/l's then put a toner of 10/1 all the way through on between the foils.....I think if needs be the client will be understanding if I explained that her hair won't hold much colour and to do less I think she wouldn't mind too much.....

Thanks for your suggestions so far very good :)

Be careful with the /1 in wella on blonde , dry hair. It tends to get murky. If she feels the low lights never hold, try using the double pigments in kp. Maybe 88/0 or 99/0 at 10 volume. They are pretty and super natural looking. Hope that helps!

I like this idea, can I ask though is there any risk
Of the 88/0 leaving a slight khaki tone? This is a worry I find with Kp and also do you think
That will grip through to at least the mid lengths?? Thanks for
Your advice :)

Do a 88/0 mixed with a 7/03 if your worried about khaki I always do grey coverage on my blonde clients always grabs onto the hair More x

Latest posts

Back