Quick question about L&P smell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoe79

Reaction score
For most of you, this might be a bit of a silly question but here goes. I only do Gel and Shellac but I am thinking of extending and doing an L&P course. I rent a space in the front of a hair salon and was wondering if the CND L&P has an odour that would disrupt the salon as I am right at the front door?

Thanks

Zoe :D

I've seen posts on here about this before, someone mentioned a tutorial aswell?? I'm not a nail tech but passed comment before about possibly masking the odour and was informed these are hazardous fumes that must be dealt with appropriately.

Help should be available in the search function ;)

Lindsey x

Cnd has an odorless liquid. I'm allergic to it. But it works great... :)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Correction: CND's liquids are low odour. No-odour liquids often contain chemicals that are more irritating/more likely to have an allergy developed to. They also lure you into a false state of security. There are still fumes even if you cannot smell anything. Proper ventilation is still needed.

Geeg has some tips for minimising odour -

Quote:
You can Minimize odour to practically zero without spending a penny! Just by working smart.

The main thing that causes odour is wiping your monomer out of your brush onto a dry paper towel .... This is the worst thing you can do.

Dampen a gauze pas with Scrub Fresh or your nail sanitizer and dedicate that pad as your brush wiping area and you will loose 70% of the vapour in the air at a stroke!

Use metal bins for all waste and empty twice a day.
Always keep you monomer in a glass dampen dish and covered when not using it.

Of course as well to help, you can also choose to use a low odour monomer like CND Retention+

Those tips and a good ventilation system will provide you with a mostly smell-free work environment while using L&P.

Hth x

Latest posts

Back