Quick question about Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geminikelli

Reaction score
Im new to using Shellac and came across another therapist in the area who does Shellac and a well known and used Gel polish which are both priced exactly the same. They state that this particular brand of Gel is for clients that have weak nails and to quote " for nails that are too weak for Shellac"..

As im new to Shellac but not Gel polish I am slightly confused by this statement.. is this true? I wanted to do away with my Gel polish but am now thinking do i need to keep it for such clients???

Any light shed on this would be fantastic and sorry in advance if im asking a silly question and having a dumb moment xxx

I use bio sculpture and shellac but for completely different reasons and have clients who like them also fr different reasons.. I rarely have problems wth shellac but sometimes i find if it doesnt last very well on a paticular client then gel often does but it very often works the other way round if they dont find gel lasts very well often shellac is perfect for them :) the majority of my clients do have shellac but i probably wouldnt get rid of my gel!! I love both :)

As for pricing i charge £24 for a standard shellac mani and £28 for a gel overlays colour mani :)

I think some others will be able to answer it abit more technically for you :)

I'm not really any expert but shellac is powder polish and gel is gel so 2 totally different kinds of products x

I'm not really any expert but shellac is powder polish and gel is gel so 2 totally different kinds of products x

Not sure if you mis-typed or if you mis-read somebody else's post... CND Shellac is a Power Polish :)

As for the Shellac or Gel Polish, if you've got more than a few nail technicians and/or generally aren't struggling with cash flow, then I'd say stock both as it gives your clients more of a prescriptive service.

Im new to using Shellac and came across another therapist in the area who does Shellac and a well known and used Gel polish which are both priced exactly the same. They state that this particular brand of Gel is for clients that have weak nails and to quote " for nails that are too weak for Shellac"..

As im new to Shellac but not Gel polish I am slightly confused by this statement.. is this true? I wanted to do away with my Gel polish but am now thinking do i need to keep it for such clients???

Any light shed on this would be fantastic and sorry in advance if im asking a silly question and having a dumb moment xxx

Shellac is not suitable for weak, bendy, or peeling nails.

For these nails something stronger is required like a gel.

I use Shellac and Bio Sculpture

Shellac is not suitable for weak, bendy, or peeling nails.

For these nails something stronger is required like a gel.

I use Shellac and Bio Sculpture

Thank you xx

Sorry I did miss type lol x

I must agree, here. Weak, bendy nails do not hold up well with Shellac. I can't wear it myself for this very reason. (I am a Shellac trained professional, too). Within 2 - 3 days of application, Shellac and my nails part ways.

I apply an NNO, then I apply Shellac.

My nails peel and shellac works fine for me . Mine have stopped peeling as much as they used to. X

This happens to my nails too. If my nails are good the Shellac stays on, if not, sometimes its the day after as happend last week when it peeled off from the back, my nail that is!!

What is NNO - sorry to sound dim?

S x

natural nail overlay I think

Latest posts

Back