Quick question about tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen2k

Reaction score
Hi all again! Sorry to be a pain and keep asking questions!!

Does anyone know if you have to have any particular qualifications to own a sunbed in a salon?
I know you do obviously for spray tanning but what about just sunbeds?

Any help much appreciated!

Jen x

Hello,
to be honest i'm not 100% sure! sorry:)
but i would have to say no .

just as long as you have insurance to cover clients using it then i think thats about it.

but as i said i'm not 100% sure

i'm sure other geeks will correct me if i'm wrong :)

thanks lucy im glad im not the only one who reckons that!
i figure with the spray tanning which you have to actually perform the treatment on a client then obviously you would need to be qualified but you dont necessarily do much if a client wants a sunbed really; i mean you'd hav to know exactly how to work the beds and how long is safe etc but ive never seen any courses for it before so it just got me thinkin!

Hi there, try PMing Candence Alex(sp), I believe she has a sunbed salon so she should be able to help you.

hi, i think you may have to do a short course or training session with the company that you are purchasing the sunbed from, i might be wrong but i know somebody who did that and they gave them a certificate at the end of it which they display in thier salon. im sure you cant just purchase a sunbed to use on clients in a salon without first having some sort of training on how to use them as they can be very dangerous. also wouldnt you need insurance?in which case would need some sort of training or certificate? be interesting to know the rules on this, x :green:

Thanks for the posts I'll try to pm and find out more and post my findings for you preggo! lol

xx

hi, i think you may have to do a short course or training session with the company that you are purchasing the sunbed from, i might be wrong but i know somebody who did that and they gave them a certificate at the end of it which they display in thier salon. im sure you cant just purchase a sunbed to use on clients in a salon without first having some sort of training on how to use them as they can be very dangerous. also wouldnt you need insurance?in which case would need some sort of training or certificate? be interesting to know the rules on this, x :green:

u can get product training knowledge from ur suplier...however, u don't have to have any training... u can even fit a salon out with used beds

insurance is paramount though.. and keeping client record cards.. determining skin type also - you want people to tan, not burn, no matter how much more money you could get for minutes

you can join the sunbed association too.. which means that you have to keep records - we have cards and every time the client has a session we fill in how long and they sign

hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back