Quick question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bravegirl

Reaction score
I have been watching alot of youtube videos on L&P and was wondering if its similar to Gel, where gel you have two types, your sculpture and your none sculpture? i start L&P in september :) using NSI i believe

All enhancements are sculpted, whether on a form or on a tip or with Gel or Liquid and Powder(acrylic)

Wait for your Course and training, some of these YouTube clips will only confuse you and show some bad application techniques.

Hello bravegirl ... I agree with Izzi ... Don't get conflicted with bits and bobs of information and , with you tube, be very careful whose videos and which videos you watch. There is some shocking stuff on you tube and lots of duff information.

If I am reading your question correctly, you want to know if L&P is similar to gel in that gels offer different types of gel for different things; some for smoothing and some for enhancing? If that is your question, then the answer is no.

BUT ... you do need to be aware that there is a great difference between different qualities of L&P! Go with reputation ... The best L&P is different in many important and positive ways (both for the client and the nail technician) to the lower-end or even the middle-end brands. :D

Last edited:
now whats a hire brand? and what is the brand NSI at in the chain? lol

i only started to get the courage of L&P my trainer let me play with it a bit with her using a trainer sheet where it helps u with beads and placing them i believe the sheet was a Tammy taylor practice sheet.

tT is not a high end brand. In fact it is ancient technology and hasn't moved forward in about 25 years. Old fashioned methods and very harsh treatment of natural nails, which I'm sure you can work out for yourself when you read the instructions for using it and prepping for it.

High end? Innovative! different! professional only? CND

Middle ... Well the middle is the biggest section naturally. :D

Last edited:
TT, i am not using that acrylic, just using the practice sheet. but i am doing an NSI course, how good is that system? i may look into cnd after word. but the salon i am training at and working is sending me paying for the training for NSI so i am not going to turn it down! but would like to know how good there products are?

NSI have a good reputation for products and training. A lot of geeks on here use it and work well with it.

Latest posts

Back