Quick ! Tan Removal Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
tested out a new spray tan sample last night on my daughter.it seemed to take longer to dry than usual. this morning she has a beautiful tan but her palms look like she's been mummified ! :eek: i think its from where she kept feeling to see if it had dried, coz i'm carefull not to spray there.
whats the best way to remove the tan from hands, we had a bit of success using sun tan lotion and sugar as a scrub this morning. thought maybe applying s/t lotion and covering with rubber gloves might help.
any tips for her ? peroxide ? lemon juice? domestos :eek:

PLEASE HELP, SHE HAS A JOB INTERVIEW TOMORROW ! :Scared:

try to pm spray to go, mandy is real help ful she will have a ansewer!

angel fingers said:
tested out a new spray tan sample last night on my daughter.it seemed to take longer to dry than usual. this morning she has a beautiful tan but her palms look like she's been mummified ! :eek: i think its from where she kept feeling to see if it had dried, coz i'm carefull not to spray there.
whats the best way to remove the tan from hands, we had a bit of success using sun tan lotion and sugar as a scrub this morning. thought maybe applying s/t lotion and covering with rubber gloves might help.
any tips for her ? peroxide ? lemon juice? domestos :eek:

PLEASE HELP, SHE HAS A JOB INTERVIEW TOMORROW ! :Scared:

Once the tan has been on overnight, it is difficult to remove but she may try using an exfoliating salt scrub and keep washing her hands - I have heard of a few other solutions such as Jolean Facial Hair lightener, Whitening toothpaste, nail varnish remover - but I wouldn't like to recommend anything too strong!

Re interview - tanned palms certainly can be an ice breaker! It is good to Fake it these days and we all have experienced the bad tan day at sometime in our experimentation phases!!!!

Wish her luck from us all and let us know how she gets on.

Mandy x

For a quick fix, apply some whitening toothpaste to the palm, rub your palms together and then rinse you hands.....and apply some nice hand lotion .... HTH

thought i'd post to say we've had great succsess with the removal job.
so if anyone finds themselves in this position you can try the same tricks.

get 2 lemons, chop into small pieces and then blend to a paste with a hand blender. add a tablespoon of mud mask. apply the paste to the affected area, wrap in cling film. leave on for 1 hour. rinse off and use a tablespoon of sugar to mixed with a bit of liquid soap as a scrub.

this worked quite well, but we still needed more. so we applied sun protection cream liberally[i remember the trainer telling us this was an antidote from my st tropez training about 2 1/2 years ago] and covered with rubber gloves for 1/2 an hour and then scrubbed again.

its not all off, but there has been a huge improvement, this morning, her fingers looked like cigars ! :eek:

oh dear. what a disaster. i was just reading on a previous post and have also heard that chlorine helps spray tans to fade.................

but seriously, when it goes wrong for anyone it is bad enough going out in public showing your just your hands and face (well maybe only your eyes if you wear gloves and a balaclave lol) but can you really see anyone standing in your bathing suit in and showing all those pool attendants how patchy and orange we made ourselves go. I think they would be looking out for the camera crew and the bald head from the tango advert. imagine if I got in the water and the water went a funny colour and there was a brown stain following me round the pool. omg you would just die. they might think i have peed in it or something

I am still in the experimenting phase at the moment and getting some good results but i must say i have had a few "tangoed" moments where it looked like i had overdone it on the foundation, big style! i have to rely on hubby to spray me so i have to catch him on a good night when he has not been shattered or had a few glasses of the old red wine..............saying that the last time he did me was the best yet and he had had a full bottle of red wine lol

i would still like to go to a booth or to a salon, (just for research really so i can see for myself what kind of service i offer compared to them) but i am too frightened in case i end up like ross from Friends. and like i say i think a trip to the local pool is definately out the question.

anyway enough of my mumbling about nothing.
hope your daughters interview went ok.
kizzy

angel, didi you do the tan yourself?

yep, the rest of her body looks sensational, it was all over her hands coz she kept checking to see if it was dry enough to go to bed, but she didnt think to wash her hands afterwards.

it was california tan premium formula, does any one else use it ?

Hope this helps, my sister in laws friend went swimming a few days after having a spray tan, no more brown body when she left the pool!!:D

Yay, She Got The Job !!!!!! :d :d :d :d

Latest posts

Back