Quick underarm laser question please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookbj

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone out there who does laser hair removal on underarms please tell me how realistically how many sessions i will need to get rid of the hair under my arms please?

There is a local reputable salon doing an offer on 6 underarms (other areas too but i want arms) and i would like to get the offer, but realistically, will i need more than 6 sessions to get rid of it?

I know i may have to have top ups once a year (correct me if wrong) but will it be more like 8,9...etc in your experience.

I do nails, tanning and eyelashes but obv not laser, so im just asking for some professional advice from anyone who can spare a mo to answer my question.

Many thank in advance

I've been getting laser on my underarms and bikini since March last year. The darker your hair and the lighter your skin, the better results you'll get. I'm very pale with dark, coarse body hair so I've been getting great results from the start. I booked a course of 6, thinking that would be enough, but I'm now on my second course of 6. I've got my next appointment tomorrow and I think that's appointment 9 of 12.. Will need to check!

After 6 appointments, the hair was significantly reduced.. Such a big difference! But I want it ALL gone, which is why I keep going back. I think 12 will be enough for me.

You should get a free patch test in your consultation, and that should give a good indication of the inital results you can expect.

I had my underarms lasered a few years ago, it was at a clinic rather than salon, it's the best thing I ever did, I needed 6 sessions but I'm also fair skinned, dark haired.
I've never had to go back for a top up and may get about 10/15 hairs grow but hardly noticeable and I used to have very dark, coarse hairs under there.
I found it very uncomfortable and don't really know anything about laser hair removal but I'd say it was a very strong machine! xxx

Hi There

It usually depends on how dark your hair is in comparison to your skin colour. There are many people that get a fantastic reduction after 6 but in my experience generally it between 6-8. Especially on underarms they respond very quickly to treatment!!

Hope it goes well!!

:lol:

thanks all for your replys.
x

Sorry to jump on, is laser the same as electrosis? Anyone know which is more effective method? I too am pale skinned dark hair, considering underarm hair removal TIA xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back