QuickBooks....Simple Start

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
Does anyone use this software to help manage their business and accounts......if so, how do you find it as I am thinking of getting it!

Thanks.

I have used Quickbooks for donkeys and think it is great - very simple and straightforward - I havent found anything that it hasnt been able to do for my needs.

Fab, thanks for that Fiona, I have been recommended to use it by quite a people, I think the deal is sealed lol! :hug:

You can find it on download.com for free. Very useful too....

Is it expensive? I certainly need something to help me get organised.

hi I have never heard of it and going to be spending a fortune on an accountant as I thought it would be to hard to do it for myself. could you please give me the email address for this quick book so i can have a look. my husband has an accountant who does his books but I did not really want to go down that path. will have to if its to hard though.:rolleyes:

I have purchased the QuickBooks (simple one) for about £40....the Pro version is around £300 and I didn't warrant spending that kind of money on helping me keep track of my business as it's only a small business.

So far, I have to say it's fab, it has everything I need and more, it caters for every financial eventuality, it even helps you keep track of client trends and spends (not PAYE though)....still feeling my way around it, but even catching up on my backlog (which was paper based) has been easy.

QuickBooks SimpleStart 2008 | Easy-to-use Software for New and Home-Based business

Well, if I'd know about that I could have saved myself 40 quid....sure there's a catch???

Is it not the USA version?

No, I think the Simple version was released as Freeware in October last year, they basically want you to get that, then upgrade to more complicated versions with more features. I don't think you need to though.

USA version? Not sure, mine works fine once you've messed with the settings though.

I've just downloaded it for free, no problems... but I have to say I'm having trouble! It seems to be the U.S. version so won't accept my bank account etc and it is a tad complicated! I just want to know what I've paid out, what I've got coming in and if I've made any money! I'm going to persevere with it a bit and try and change the settings. Does anyone know of any alternative programs that are a bit simpler... or am I being a techno-phobe!?:irked:

Pay the £40 and get the UK version!

You COULD or you could read the manual! :lol:

Sorry, didnt realise people wanted to integrate bank accounts- I didnt want to do that (didnt trust it). I was just using it for simple incomings outgoings and invoice tracking.

Thought there had to be a catch. No such thing as a free lunch... or a free software download it seems! It was worth a try though!

Latest posts

Back