Quickest method to remove and retape tape hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glammymammy

Reaction score
Can anyone advise a faster way to remove the tape from the tabs and retape?

Right now I remove the hair and have to bring it home and remove all the tape (very sticky) and then wash the hair dry and reapply new tape. Then I return to the client for a second appointment for fitting.

Does anybody remove and reinstall at the same appointment (mobile)?

If so have you any tips to share please :D

Can anyone advise a faster way to remove the tape from the tabs and retape?

Right now I remove the hair and have to bring it home and remove all the tape (very sticky) and then wash the hair dry and reapply new tape. Then I return to the client for a second appointment for fitting.

Does anybody remove and reinstall at the same appointment (mobile)?

If so have you any tips to share please :D

I know it's so hard isn't it. I use the c-22 remover and it's quite oily and I can't get it off when washing the hair hope it doesn't make the new tape slip x

Oh yes it is so time consuming. I gave up using the c-22 remover as I found it too hard to remove from the hair. I now use rubbing alcohol and the clients hair is much easier to clean.

The problem is trying to remove the tape residue from the tabs.

Do you do it all in one fitting or two?

Oh yes it is so time consuming. I gave up using the c-22 remover as I found it too hard to remove from the hair. I now use rubbing alcohol and the clients hair is much easier to clean.

The problem is trying to remove the tape residue from the tabs.

Do you do it all in one fitting or two?

2 fittings. Rubbing alcohol?

I gave up this method, I felt my hair was so thin after. Also was a nightmare removing from a customers hair with the c22. Sticky nasty mess all around and ruined good hair extensions 😟.

2 fittings. Rubbing alcohol?

Oops sorry I meant do you remove extensions and then make a second appointment to fit them again onto the client or do you manage to get it all done in the one appointment? (not fitting) :)

Rubbing alcohol...Isopropyl Alcohol 91% I find it the easiet to wash out of the hair :)

I do it all as I go. My tapes never get stuck in clients hair. I tell the client to come with washed hair, remove the extensions, remove residue with alcohol, retape and tape back in.
You're losing money by doing it in two appointments, it's time consuming but a lot of clients are very self conscious about their hair without them and wouldn't be happy having two appointments. First few times it took ages but you get the hang of it the tip is to keep cleaning your hands with the alcohol it's cheap so it won't affect product wastage.

I do it all as I go. My tapes never get stuck in clients hair. I tell the client to come with washed hair, remove the extensions, remove residue with alcohol, retape and tape back in.
You're losing money by doing it in two appointments, it's time consuming but a lot of clients are very self conscious about their hair without them and wouldn't be happy having two appointments. First few times it took ages but you get the hang of it the tip is to keep cleaning your hands with the alcohol it's cheap so it won't affect product wastage.

My tapes took ages to remove with alcohol really to long :/

My tapes took ages to remove with alcohol really to long :/

With tapes they should only be taped to the amount of hair you would take when you're weaving with foils because the removal is so so much easier will a small amount of hair I open up the tape without alcohol first and then spray to get rid of the stickiness to release the hair from the tape it takes about 10 seconds

With tapes they should only be taped to the amount of hair you would take when you're weaving with foils because the removal is so so much easier will a small amount of hair I open up the tape without alcohol first and then spray to get rid of the stickiness to release the hair from the tape it takes about 10 seconds

Would that pull or break fine hair do you find without the aid if remover

Would that pull or break fine hair do you find without the aid if remover

Most removers are alcohol based and sone are oil based it also depends on the tape you're using with the brand I use the alcohol works perfectly fine.

I never re-tape, use new hair every time. Find it too messy to re-tape.

Ive never retaped yet ive got my first removal in a week, how to do you remove the old tape? I wasnt shown this on my course :( xx

Ive never retaped yet ive got my first removal in a week, how to do you remove the old tape? I wasnt shown this on my course :( xx

The tape tabs are removable, you have to pretty much pull off the sticky residue from the corners until it doesn't stick to you anymore and then spray with alcohol wait for it to dry, place new tape press it down well and I like to heat it with an iron for 3 seconds to make sure they don't become loose. Just don't stress and your fingers will get really sticky but just spray them with alcohol as you go :)

Why would you make your clients buy new hair that is perfectly fine to reuse? My hair lasts me and my clients for 12 months with retaping and plus you actually make more money out of retaping because it's a messy job and I always charge as much as I think is reasonable I make more for retaping than fittings with new hair.
How long do your clients have the tapes in for before buying new hair?

Why would you make your clients buy new hair that is perfectly fine to reuse? My hair lasts me and my clients for 12 months with retaping and plus you actually make more money out of retaping because it's a messy job and I always charge as much as I think is reasonable.

Love this advice thank you. Yes I know it is more time consuming and petrol costs and also the clients time and I agree they don't like being without their hair extensions :)
I will try to get it all done in one go the part I worried about was washing the clients hair before reinstalling but I will have them wash their hair before they come :D
Thank you

Why would you make your clients buy new hair that is perfectly fine to reuse? My hair lasts me and my clients for 12 months with retaping and plus you actually make more money out of retaping because it's a messy job and I always charge as much as I think is reasonable.

Would you mind sharing your supplier as 12 months for tape hair would be amazing :)

No worries and hot stuff beauty in Australia x

Thanks so much :D
Have you ever used aussie dream girls in Australia?
I am in Ireland and I was thinking of trying them thanks x

Latest posts

Back