Quiet for Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quiet :o Not me i have just done a 13 hour shift with very little time inbetween clients. I am full up until xmas day then giving myself a few days off :biggrin:

Gotta work it whilst its there :cool:

It been a really odd time for me as last week I was manic literally rushed off of my feet, this week is a different story with the exception of Friday and Saturday as they are always fully booked. But the last week an half before Xmas we are rammo so I assume clients are waiting till nearer the time!

I've got the problem that at the beginning of the week I was booked up, it looked really positive. Now it's been one of our worst weeks, I have never experienced the amount of no shows and last minute cancellations in my entire time as a Beauty Therapist as our salons has had this week, it's now up to about 15!!

I'm absolutely fuming as I have staff sat here doing nothing! there's only so much cleaning we can do! One women who works next door has just popped in and cancelled an appointment for the third time this week, its only facial threading but she will expect us to book her in again when she feels like it, the mood I'm in at the moment I may tell her to bleep off! lol

Same here... Last week busy but This week is shocking and next week is sparse!! I have been open only 12 months so am trying to put it down as new business and all that still! Agree people cancelling or just not turning up... Also many other salons offer such discounts it's hard to compete.. I personally believe in my worth and don't want to discount but feel I am being forced to!!! Feel down about it all today... My Christmas cheers is completely waining!!! 😔😔😢😢

Aghh how many clients are going to try to reschedule their appointments the week before?!? Im running a flipping business and its so hard to change everything around in my diary. This doesnt happen ever its cos it christmas!!! And if I cant accommodate the change then they have to cancel :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have many people through my fb page and asking prices and never respond back lol.. people want treatments in less money no matter if someone is mobile,suffers in cold , and u dont pay her petrol cost !!lol silly world

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have noticed for the last few years how christmas is getting quieter . Do not get me wrong i am still busy, just not as busy as we used to be. I think most people are struggling financially , and beauty treatments are a luxury not a necessity, unlike say hair. Last year we had loads of cancellations in Dec, so this year i have taken deposits for all treatments booked from the 16 th december. I have been in business for many years , and this recession is the worst i can remember. But if your business can survive the present climate, it can only thrive when things get better. x

I've got the problem that at the beginning of the week I was booked up, it looked really positive. Now it's been one of our worst weeks, I have never experienced the amount of no shows and last minute cancellations in my entire time as a Beauty Therapist as our salons has had this week, it's now up to about 15!!

I'm absolutely fuming as I have staff sat here doing nothing! there's only so much cleaning we can do! One women who works next door has just popped in and cancelled an appointment for the third time this week, its only facial threading but she will expect us to book her in again when she feels like it, the mood I'm in at the moment I may tell her to bleep off! lol

This has been driving me mad this week, today 3 clients cancelled/rescheduled their appointments meant for tomorrow and only called this afternoon, so no hope of filling those spaces at such short notice, it's really annoying!

Libbylou may I ask how much deposits you ask for? It is something I have been thinking of introducing for next Christmas.
Also what cancellation fees do you all charge? I'm too soft & it can be quite annoying when you get a client that regularly cancels last minute. Obviously, sometimes last minute cancellations or no shows can't be helped.
That being said I am booked up completely for Christmas/New Year. :D x

I have taken a 50% non refundable deposit. I have explained to all my clients why and they have all been ok. At least if we get a no show or a late cancellation we have taken at least half the payment. This is the first year ive done this so i will let you know how it goes x

This year is my busiest xmas ever, fully booked the whole of December!

Since yesterday ive now got 2 new clients booked in for next week. Lets hope they dont bloody cancel!!

Latest posts

Back