Quiet spell - tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
Well its been a few weeks & I haven't been out to do a spray tan. I've taken some enquiries & bookings for a few weeks off but nothing current - in fact, I've taken a few cancellations (regulars). I don't want to become paranoid but I'm wondering where the problem lies. I've had some flyers done to promote my business in my local area but i've been up & running since February & haven't gone a week without work. Sorry for the essay but i keep seeing posts about tanning really picking up & wondering if I'm missing something xx I'm wondering about running a promotion bit don't really want to reduce price as its not worth my while. Ideas???? x

It could be the weather? I'm sure with end of term balls, proms and weddings it will soon pick up ;)

I've seen a few of these posts recently and I agree! Although my tans have never really taken off.

I think it's a weird weather thing and if you're confident with your tans then it's not you! Xx

I think it's definitely the weather. I don't want to bare my legs at all so I am sure there are plenty of people who feel the same. I don't want to take my clothes off to get sprayed with cold solution either lol We just need some sun x

Thanks geeks, thats a well needed boost!! I don't think there are any issues with my tanning & i must admit is is a bit too cold for fridge cold spray tan solutions - even for me - i think you'd hear my knees knocking down south!!! x

mine was slowing down so i done an offer for £5 off spray tan with a set of shellac and that has worked well maybe try an offer :) xx

Jules don't worry I'm the same, a few weeks ago I had 11 clients in one week (nice when that happens) & now zilch! done 2 regulars today. taken a booking today for 2 next Friday & my regular has just text to book in for next week, hoping a few others decide to book in.

Other than that my machine is gathering dust, don't think your on your own because your not x

Jules don't worry I'm the same, a few weeks ago I had 11 clients in one week (nice when that happens) & now zilch! done 2 regulars today. taken a booking today for 2 next Friday & my regular has just text to book in for next week, hoping a few others decide to book in.

Other than that my machine is gathering dust, don't think your on your own because your not x

Thanks Lush x

I agree its prob the weather.

I have been lucky my tans have picked up, with the races, festivals, proms, weddings and hen do's. I am sure u'll pick up soon.

Don't go too low with ur prices, why don't u do a "with a friend offer" if ur mobile saves fuel/traveling times. If ur salon based encourages people to bring a friend and possibly a new client!

Good luck, and don't doubt urself, ur obviously good as uve hasd repeat business! Xx

Totally agree with the other geeks, Cold weather=no spray tan....I am in spain and although I dont do spray tans the salons that do are stacked out with people!

It's weird as it varies from year to year but I agree with the others. The weather has a lot to do with it! X

The weather has a big part to play, as soon as the sun comes out my phone doesn't stop ringing.

This year has been so unreliable April is usually one of my busiest months but because of all the rain we had I was more quiet than I was back January!

When we had that hot spell a few weeks ago I was doing about 20-30 tans a week, this week I have done 7 which is a bad week for me.

I have noticed a drop in new enquiries too I think last year we had shows like towie etc that really publicised spray tanning so it was exposed to people who wouldn't normally consider it.

If it actually decides to stop raining it will pick up just sit tight.

in my area there were 2 balls this weekend and i had clients wanting tans, but because of the weather they either cancelled or changed to having pedicure etc...i wouldnt worry too much xx

Thanks geeks x

As everyone has said, the weather is definitely a factor - I've noticed with a lot of my tradional 'summer' treatments - tans and pedicures or gel toes, they are all quiet - who wants to pay to get their toes done when they're shuvving their feet back in their Ugg boots??!!!! And likewise for tans - no one has got their legs out or wearing their summer dresses, so why bother with a tan!

I bet once (if ever!) the rain stops, you'll see a difference - try and hang in there, xx

Latest posts

Back