Quite pleased!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cloughers

Reaction score
Hi all,

One of my regular clients has just been on holiday to the USA for a few weeks and I took her Gelish off as she was going to just have manicures while she was there. She came last night and she had had Shellac put on over there and she came for soak off and Gelish. I have soaked Shellac off before and found it very easy but this stuff was quite tough to remove! It seemed to be stuck on the tips so not sure if they had used some sort of bond (like with Gelicure) just on the tips. In the end I lightly buffed it but then had to leave some staining on the nail tips. I was really pleased because she said the Shellac was ok but it chipped a bit and she wouldn't have it done again and much preferred Gelish.

Hi all,

One of my regular clients has just been on holiday to the USA for a few weeks and I took her Gelish off as she was going to just have manicures while she was there. She came last night and she had had Shellac put on over there and she came for soak off and Gelish. I have soaked Shellac off before and found it very easy but this stuff was quite tough to remove! It seemed to be stuck on the tips so not sure if they had used some sort of bond (like with Gelicure) just on the tips. In the end I lightly buffed it but then had to leave some staining on the nail tips. I was really pleased because she said the Shellac was ok but it chipped a bit and she wouldn't have it done again and much preferred Gelish.

In all probability, it wasn't Shellac as in the States everyone is calling the gel they use Shellac whether it is or not. If it didn't come off in 10 then it was not Shellac and there is no primer/bonder used with Shellac either. the fact is that All gels "chip a bit" and "peel a bit", and "wear a bit", under certain circumstances including the one you use.

I've never had any problem with Gelish chipping, cracking etc at all with any of my clients. Infact One of my clients came back after 2 months for her toes to be done again, and I found her gelish looked like a coloured french tip lol. Looked really good.

She told me even after filing her toenails down, that she never had any peel off. Looked as perfect as when I applied it months before. :)

In all probability, it wasn't Shellac as in the States everyone is calling the gel they use Shellac whether it is or not.

Gigi, you certainly know how things are in the U.S., don't you? That's absolutely correct. Shellac is the catch phrase in the U.S. for ALL non-traditional polishes. It's at epidemic proportions.

If your client didn't make sure the nail salon she attended was Shellac certified, she may have received a mish/mosh of gel and Shellac fakes.

We're removing that crap from people's nails all the time. Because the epidemic of fakes is so prevelant here in the U.S., we had to implement a new policy.

The policy we have at our salon? If we didn't apply it, we're buffing it.

Good luck with buffing lol.... alot of work unless you are going to proper file the nail, which obviously is a no no​

Good luck with buffing lol.... alot of work unless you are going to proper file the nail, which obviously is a no no​

We're only buffing the shine off before we put on the remover wraps, which of course isn't necessary with true Shellac.

There's no buffing of the natural nail itself.

Sorry, but I do not believe a single person who says they have never had a single problem with what they use ... there are too many posts on salon geek and company websites that disprove what you say. Some Clients trash nails whatever they are and we all know that ... some people just post silly answers that are not realistic for whatever motive they may have but I am a realist and I know that there is not one system out there which suits every single client and their lifestyle. End of.

Sorry, but I do not believe a single person who says they have never had a single problem with what they use ... there are too many posts on salon geek and company websites that disprove what you say. Some Clients trash nails whatever they are and we all know that ... some people just post silly answers that are not realistic for whatever motive they may have but I am a realist and I know that there is not one system out there which suits every single client and their lifestyle. End of.

lol.

Well I haven't had no problems. Not at all. And why do you feel that impossible?
I am sorry, But I get regs that come to me with no problems. I am not just going to post a load of crap on here saying something that isn't true. Actually it is quite insulting you saying I am lying

lol.

Well I haven't had no problems. Not at all. And why do you feel that impossible?
I am sorry, But I get regs that come to me with no problems. I am not just going to post a load of crap on here saying something that isn't true. Actually it is quite insulting you saying I am lying

Sorry but this is the real world with real clients, if you work in a busy salon doing lots of nails, whatever the system, you WILL encounter the odd problem. Even from those who are fortunate not to have to lift a finger. Sometimes merely catching your nail when preparing a meal is enough.

I've used Geleration, Gelish,Axxium and Shellac, now as far as I'm concerned they are ALL good products but not all my clients are GOOD therefore problems will always arise.....unless one works in a ghost town with 1 client a yr.

lol.

I am sorry, But I get regs that come to me with no problems.

I believe you, although you are also probably lucky. I get 2 weeks with no chipping without a problem with clients, but myself - well, quite a different story :) very thin, bendy nails, bad habits - I like to put my fingers in my mouth when I am thinking :), lots of work in gloves - my hands get wet, and nails are splitting from gel.
Only chipping I see is with longer wear - 3 or 4 weeks, up to 2 weeks gel polishes are lasting great.

Sorry but this is the real world with real clients, if you work in a busy salon doing lots of nails, whatever the system, you WILL encounter the odd problem. .

But she says, she does not have problems - maybe she is not that busy, maybe she has dozen or two of regulars and they have good nails. It is quite possible, isn't it? Of course there is no perfect system.
Although I started using Linkage when I see not a very good nails, splitting and thin and I also have good results... So maybe I am close to perfect ;).

I believe you, although you are also probably lucky. I get 2 weeks with no chipping without a problem with clients, but myself - well, quite a different story :) very thin, bendy nails, bad habits - I like to put my fingers in my mouth when I am thinking :), lots of work in gloves - my hands get wet, and nails are splitting from gel.
Only chipping I see is with longer wear - 3 or 4 weeks, up to 2 weeks gel polishes are lasting great.

Thanks hun.

I can't believe I have to justify myself lol
I don't work in a salon. I am a mobile tech and work for myself. I am not a big company, so have a nice flow of clients. But I honestly have had no problems. I may do now I said this lol. But honestly, I may do in the future, as I do believe that it can't always all go plain sailing. But to be told I am wrong, when they don't know what I have done and seen the work is really insulting!

Ok then Geeks, I think that sadly the time has come to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back