R.I.P. Maximist 5008 sad day!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
I recieved an email today informing me that the 5008 is not going to be manufactured as from November, it is being replaced by 2 new machines, the ts20 and the ts50 the ts20 is a 400w machine that looks really good to be honest its a little bigger than the ts10 and has a 0.6 needle like the existing maxi mist gun, the current ts10 has a 1mm needle so this new mid range machine is a very exciting prospect
the current maximist 5008 is being replaced with the ts50 the ts 50 is basically a 450w maximist base unit with a more ergonomically designed gun,
But the bad news is there is a large price increase on the re-designed 450w unit that replaces the current 5008. and companies like our selves now have to purchase twice as many units than before to get a good price break from the manufacturers :irked::irked: hence i can forsee the ebay sellers and smaller companies will be unable to purchase min orders cost effectively and will not be able to compete with the big boys in the tanning world:|
my advice (for what its worth LOL) is if you are considering purchasing a 5008 do it soon to avoid a big increase in price, it will still have parts available as the guns are the same as the new mid range machines and the base unit is the same as the new ts50
the warranty will still be 12 months from date of purchase from where ever you buy your machine from :)

Oh no! Did they give you a reason why they will stop manufacturing the 5008? How odd that they would stop such a great piece of equipment...x

I recieved an email today informing me that the 5008 is not going to be manufactured as from November, it is being replaced by 2 new machines, the ts20 and the ts50 the ts20 is a 400w machine that looks really good to be honest its a little bigger than the ts10 and has a 0.6 needle like the existing maxi mist gun, the current ts10 has a 1mm needle so this new mid range machine is a very exciting prospect
the current maximist 5008 is being replaced with the ts50 the ts 50 is basically a 450w maximist base unit with a more ergonomically designed gun,
But the bad news is there is a large price increase on the re-designed 450w unit that replaces the current 5008. and companies like our selves now have to purchase twice as many units than before to get a good price break from the manufacturers :irked::irked: hence i can forsee the ebay sellers and smaller companies will be unable to purchase min orders cost effectively and will not be able to compete with the big boys in the tanning world:|
my advice (for what its worth LOL) is if you are considering purchasing a 5008 do it soon to avoid a big increase in price, it will still have parts available as the guns are the same as the new mid range machines and the base unit is the same as the new ts50
the warranty will still be 12 months from date of purchase from where ever you buy your machine from :)

Hi Steve & others

The New TS50 is an improved version of the 5008 unit attached with the brand new Helia Gun. The 5008 with the current gun is being made obsolete in order for the 5008 unit to be sold with the new Helia Gun.

Therefore no one need panic, the 5008 will still go on, just under a new name the TS50. What makes the TS50 even better is the new gun specifically designed for the tanning market.

If you look at our website www.earlextanning.co.uk, you can see the TS50 and you can see from the image it is the 5008 unit with a better motor and then the new gun.

I hope this helps clear up this matter, the 5008 will continue to exist as long as Spray Tanning does :)

Joy

So more or less the same machine but much more money?

Thanks for the reassurance. But how the improvement of the 'nozzle' will affect the price of the machine? Will the new machine be the same/ similar price as the old one or will it be much more expensive. I wouldn't be surprised with the significant price raise. Is it time to purchase the machine now to save money in the future if planning to get into spray tanning?

I was considering doing spray tanning but after winter to avoid the 'dead season'.

Can someone advice please....Any and every opinion highly appreciated :)

So more or less the same machine but much more money?
It will be a better machine all round. The additional features of the new gun are the reason for the price increase. The internal mechanics of the gun are designed for the Tanning market.

The gun has
- Front loaded stainless steel needle and tip, easier for cleaning and maintenance.
- Flow control dial specifically calibrated for use of thin tanning fluid, much easier to find the best setting for you.
- Longer trigger designed for easier use.
- Variable spray pattern adjuster for quick selection.
- only one hole for the flexible pick up tube to be connected to, so no confusion.

Sounds good. If the TS50 is an improvement over the legendary HVLP 5008 it will be some machine....

I'm sure the spray tanning industry will benefit greatly from the new features. From what we've seen, the control available with the new Helia guns is fantastic.

We are all looking forward to taking delivery here at OMG.

I'm sure any price increase for the newly designed TS50 can be absorbed and covered by just a few tans. These are professional machines after all.

Good luck with launch Earlex. It's great to see the spray tanning industry moving forward, especially by a British company :)

Regards,

OMG

For those who already own the 5008 will the gun be available to purchase separately?

I have always championed the 5008 some of my first posts on this site was heated arguments with other spray tan companies over this machine and the then more popular better selling T200
The maximiust base unit was fantastic the gun was just very good!! it had a few teething problems in the early days the cups leaked the hose blew off the back end there was the 2 holes and one pickup pipe poblem,if you put the pickup pipe on the wrong hole DISASTER !! and the gland seal nuts occasionally stuck or leaked but all in all it was a massive improvement on the t200 lately earlex redesigned the spray cups changed the lid gaskets put a steel clip on the pick up tube. and the newer maxis are perfect.
the new gun and hose on the TS50 looks great, and i am sure that the team at earlex have made improvements on an already great machine, but the new tooling ect has cost a lot to develop and thats probabally why the machine is more costly, that and the rising price of raw materials,
The machine in the new Range i am most excited about is the mid range ts20 as this has the existing maximist gun and a 400w motor this machine is a new commodity it will be ok for small spray tan parties and light salon use but it will be cheaper to purchase than the current 5008, cant wait to get my hands on this one and test it to destruction !!
My initial feeling is that we will be stocking both machines.
But if you want the original 5008 at the current prices act now as when there gone there gone forever:sad::sad:

Last edited:
I know we cant disclose prices on here, but how much of an increase are we talking about here?
I have had my maximist for about 3 1/2 years and its still going strong. But, my question is, should I buy another maximist now, or will it not make any difference to wait until a problem arises and then I purchase the newly improved ts50?

I know we cant disclose prices on here, but how much of an increase are we talking about here?
I have had my maximist for about 3 1/2 years and its still going strong. But, my question is, should I buy another maximist now, or will it not make any difference to wait until a problem arises and then I purchase the newly improved ts50?
your maxi will run forever, we have one that has done 1000s of tans its going all day sometimes on college training days we have battered it since sept 2008 and it wont die !!
out of the 1000s we have sold over the years we have only had one back burned out and that was due to poor maintenance and blocked filters, thats why tanning companies are offering double the manufacturers waranties on the maximists, they are bullet proof
the gun parts will still be available as its the same gun on the new midrange ts20 machine, so worry not and sleep well lol

Last edited:
The gun has
- Front loaded stainless steel needle and tip, easier for cleaning and maintenance.
- Flow control dial specifically calibrated for use of thin tanning fluid, much easier to find the best setting for you.
- only one hole for the flexible pick up tube to be connected to, so no confusion.

So by the sounds of it the compressor is exactly the same its just the gun that has been upgraded. Does the new gun fit into the holder on the 5008?
Also, what is the price difference please?

It will be a better machine all round. The additional features of the new gun are the reason for the price increase. The internal mechanics of the gun are designed for the Tanning market.

The gun has

We tested the prototype last year, the design changes are definitely an improvement over the existing gun, i'm sure Earlex will continue to be a force to be reckoned with in the tanning industry

oooh id proberly purchase the back up guns if they are available. But im intrigued to try out the new machine!

The machine in the new Range i am most excited about is the mid range ts20 as this has the existing maximist gun and a 400w motor this machine is a new commodity it will be ok for small spray tan parties and light salon use but it will be cheaper to purchase than the current 5008, cant wait to get my hands on this one and test it to destruction !!

When will this be available please? Sounds ideal for what I need..

We have the NEW TS20 for sale now. We can delivery within 2 working days depending upon when the order is placed.

i.e. for next working day you need to place your order by 12noon,. After 12 noon will be shipped next day.

Please visit our website for more info.

The 5008 was without doubt the best machine ever manufactured for spray tanning it is sadly no longer available, it is a past legend like mini coopers, hoover juniors and vespa scooters ... BUT !!! I have just found a forgotten pallet full of them in the shadows of Nouvatan towers ! :D:D

Latest posts

Back