Rabbit expert

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
So my beautiful bunny Bud
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390252092.518522.jpg
Has started making a buzzing noise, he sounds like a bee!! Circling me sat on the floor. Iv just googled his behaviour & got mixed answers. One says he's just generally happy & excited & another says he's wanting to mate & showing off etc!!
Is it time to get him 'done'?? xx

My rabbit used to do this and it was him wanting to mate, he use to get seedy with an old teddy of mine!! 🙈 But I can imagine its both, both because he's happy and excited x

View attachment 53368
Has started making a buzzing noise, he sounds like a bee!! Circling me sat on the floor. Iv just googled his behaviour & got mixed answers. One says he's just generally happy & excited & another says he's wanting to mate & showing off etc!!

He's so cute I want to cry!! Haha. I had a rabbit when I was wee and he had to get put down because he had meningitis :( when I get a house and not a flat I am 1000% getting another one there too cute. Sorry I can't help haha x x

I'm glad you attached a picture to this post ;) I'd have wondered

View attachment 53368

He's gorgeous. I'd get him to a vet to be sure xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My mum is a rabbit expert, she's even a member of a special bunny group and has been for years. I shall ask her when I see her in the morning!

My mum is a rabbit expert, she's even a member of a special bunny group and has been for years. I shall ask her when I see her in the morning!

That would be fab. Thanks ever so much xx

I had a rabbit when I was younger, and he used to make that noise when he was humping my guinea pig's head :o poor guinea!

I love lop bunnies! Mine was doing the same thing and I think it was being happy/wanting to play. We gave him a bunny toy to mate but he's had no interest in it. Is he marking teritory? I was advised to not neuter him unless there's a problem like marking carpets or being aggresive. Hth :)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

He's not marking no & he's not biting anything other than wires!!!! Defiantly not aggressive :) xx

He's not marking no & he's not biting anything other than wires!!!! Defiantly not aggressive :) xx

I think he just wants you go to give him an attention and play with him. Awww bless him :)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 53368

My mum said if hes fine in herself and it literally is just a humming sort of noise (or even a oinking or squeaking) and
Running about your feet , hes probably just "courting" you! Lol. Frisky bunny on your hands :D

Probably a little frisky. My rabbit (rest in peace) used to do it when he humped my dog :) lol! But my bunny was twice the size of my pooch.

I have had many lopped eared rabbits when I was younger and now one for my daughters. All have been male and they do this when they are 'excited'! We give ours a football to play with , he pushes it all around with his nose then humps it!! Fun one to explain to the kids tho, but they just think he's playing football!

He is so beautiful!
The only comment I can make is don't put a guinea pig in with a rabbit; I did that, after being told it was a good combination for companionship, but unfortunately the rabbit thought he had a friend with benefits.......:o

Oh crikey I don't know what to do. He's definitely not aggressive, he really is lovely!! But he's circling me like mad & buzzing like a bee ha!! xx

Give him an old teddy to hump. :D

Most definitely frisky, mine used to do and then stop and try and hump my hand lol

Think I best get him booked in ;-(

Latest posts

Back