Race for life 2007, Cancer Research UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
RACE FOR LIFE 2007
Hi, thanks in advance for looking at this post! Unfortunatly I know im not the only person here who has had family or friends that have been affected by cancer in some form. A few years ago now my grandad lost his fight against cancer, its a cruel and devasting illness that can shatter lives. I knew he was very ill but he was so brave and despite what was happening, kept a smile on his face. I'll never forget the pain I felt when I was told grandad had passed away and although time is a great healer, the pain is still there deep down. Grandad was given so much care and recieved all the treatment he needed, unfortunatly it wasnt enough for him and sadly, I know my family is not alone. But I also know that without charities like Cancer Research UK, there would be many more families like us.
I want to do something to help in the fight against cancer because although my grandad didnt make it, he did recieve the best treatment possible and because of this im sure this gave us a bit of extra time with him that we wouldn't have had. I know others that have won their battle against cancer thanks to the amazing research and new treatments that are now available. I want this work to continue so that more and more people have a better chance...
On the 13th of May this year, I will be running the Race for Life in Poole Park to raise money for Cancer Research UK and would really appreciate your support.
Events like Race for Life are an important way in which Cancer Research UK is able to fund its life-saving work into preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer. By sponsoring me now you could help more people survive cancer. I could go on here and give you figures and statistics that show the amazing achievements this charity has done and is continuing to do, but Im not going to. Im sure you already understand how vital their work is. Each person who is affected by cancer - also has family and friends who love them dearly, so although the figures can give you an idea of how enormous their work is - the numbers are actually greater if you include all those loved ones too!

You've probably heard on advertisments for Cancer Research UK the motto: 'Together we will beat cancer' - It can and is being done - and YOU can be a part of it! Please follow or copy & paste the link at the bottom of this page - this will take you to my web page where you can find more information and sponser me...

Donating through the site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me - Cancer Research UK will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you. It's really easy - you can donate online by credit or debit card at the following address:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/emilykelly

(there is a link on the page that says 'sponser us' - please click on it to donate:green: )

Thanks again for taking the time to look at this post and an even bigger THANK YOU to everyone who follows the link and sponsers me! I really do appreciate all the support!

Well done you! I am running (or crawling!) the race in Torquay this year.

Latest posts

Back