Racoon Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraBeth

Reaction score
I have had Racoon hair extensions in for 3 months now and I was told that this was the recommended amount of time to leave them in before taking them out if I didn't want to ruin my hair.

The hair dresser who put them in for me is 'too busy' to take them out any time this month and told me to take them out myself with olive oil. I wasn't sure about this method so on the advice of another person who has posted on here I went to Sallys and brought some hair extension removal oil and shampoo.

I really hope this works as my extensions are starting to get tangled. I'm going to do it tonight.

Has anyone else done this before and if so....

What condition was your hair in after you took them out?
How long did they take to remove?
Was there much glue left in your hair?

Thanks

I have had Racoon hair extensions in for 3 months now and I was told that this was the recommended amount of time to leave them in before taking them out if I didn't want to ruin my hair.

The hair dresser who put them in for me is 'too busy' to take them out any time this month and told me to take them out myself with olive oil. I wasn't sure about this method so on the advice of another person who has posted on here I went to Sallys and brought some hair extension removal oil and shampoo.

I really hope this works as my extensions are starting to get tangled. I'm going to do it tonight.

Has anyone else done this before and if so....

What condition was your hair in after you took them out?
How long did they take to remove?
Was there much glue left in your hair?

Thanks

Your right to get the glue removal, my advice is to get a fine tooth comb and comb them out carefully you'll be in the shower for an hour or so cause you want to take your time to get them out, with the removal they will slide out once you massage the product in. Dont worry first time i took mine out i was amess i was scared but then you'll realize its not a big deal and it'll go fine..
good luck

xoxo,
lala

Hi , I think you should should take the really good professional advice that has been given out already,
which was to go and have them removed by a professional hairdresser
or you could experience a lot of hair loss ,

from one professional hairdresser to another
it's in salon geek rules that we are not supposed to encourage any sort of diy jobs :hug: x

Hi Laura, Can i ask if they were expensive for the hair extensions and would you have them done again. Did you get your out, as you said you have to remove them yourself?? What consition is your hair in now?? I have been thinking about having them done myself but i am unsure !!

Have you taken out the extension yet, and how is your hair?

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can offer me any advice on racoon hair extensions? Im getting married next january and really want to have extensions put in to get the length and volume i want for my wedding hair. I have never had them done before and wonder if anyone can recommend a salon? I live in Wales but am getting married in Wiltshire so im not worried about the distance i need to travel to get them done.....although i do draw the line at going to somewhere as far away as Scotland! lol!
Hope someone can help :rolleyes:

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can offer me any advice on racoon hair extensions? Im getting married next january and really want to have extensions put in to get the length and volume i want for my wedding hair. I have never had them done before and wonder if anyone can recommend a salon? I live in Wales but am getting married in Wiltshire so im not worried about the distance i need to travel to get them done.....although i do draw the line at going to somewhere as far away as Scotland! lol!
Hope someone can help :rolleyes:

Hi, there are quite a few extensionists on here who do hair fab hair extensions,
but I don't really know if anyone does racoon ones on here ,
does it have to be Racoon ? :hug: x minky

hi there, i work in saks hair and beauty in bristol (david lloyd sports center) and we do racoon hair extentions, i highly recommend a girl called claire, shes brill! hope this helps.

Hi there, I live in Wiltshire and have had extensions done.

I know of 2 salons that do them. If you want to pm me I can tell you more! Had mine for my wedding, looked amazing. Wish could afford them all the time!!!!

Hope you find what you need!

Sarah :confused:

Latest posts

Back