Radical French Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heidi14

Reaction score
Morning all,

Can I ask your honest opinion on radical french tips is it considered cheating?
Also is the method the same with normal tips?

I don't use them anymore.
You don't blend them like you do with natural tips.

I think that it has been advised on here to use them for a french look when using PopIts.

Hth

HOw do you blend them then?

never used them myself (as yet i should say ) i dont think you have to blend them, other than on the side walls, as most use them so there is a perfect smile...this is what i thought anyway....feel free to correct me if wrong.:hug:
i'm trying not to use them as i think if it is too easy then i will end up using them all the time rather than mastering white liquid and powder.
however....I am sure that a reputable brand such as creative would not class using them as cheating, otherwise they would not produce them......its just another way....just like the poppits are another way of applying liquid and powder.:):)

I have found that if you don't blend them the contact area looks a different white to the free edge.x

perhaps some white tips without a contact area would suit you better, or a more solid white tip

With the Radical French tips...which don't have a great smile line...I always tended to reduce the contact area by cutting out a deeper smile with a pair of curved scissors. You could also file it out.
It is the contact are you are saying is a different colour, (because it is thinner).

I always tended to use my white l&P ovet the tip anyway then you would not see this ghost/contact area, and it also meant I was still applying a smile line albeit using the tip as a guide.HTH

Or as Nailzoo says you could try well less tips.

With the Radical French tips...which don't have a great smile line...I always tended to reduce the contact area by cutting out a deeper smile with a pair of curved scissors. You could also file it out.
It is the contact are you are saying is a different colour, (because it is thinner).

I always tended to use my white l&P ovet the tip anyway then you would not see this ghost/contact area, and it also meant I was still applying a smile line albeit using the tip as a guide.HTH

Or as Nailzoo says you could try well less tips.

Radical French tips were never meant to be blended or even have a smile line ... IT was left up to the technician to reduce the well and create her own smile line when doing so. They are meant to be applied to the merest sliver of free edge and for white powder to be used over them in zone 1. That has always been CND teaching with Radical French Tips.

The New white CND Performance tip (also in natural colouration) is well-less and goes one step further in that it already has a deep smile (that can be altered easily to be made less deep and to look more natural) and there is no need to use white powder as the colour of the tip is so beautiful it looks like you have used powder over it ... they are also thin, flexible and pre- blended with no shine. You just stick 'em on and use a single colour overlay. VERY EASY and a beautiful result.

Latest posts

Back