Radical French Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelemacca

Nails by Chele
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Stupid question probably but i've never used Creative's Radical French tips yet and i've got a client who wants them this weekend, am i correct in thinking that you don't blend them and that you just apply them and then put the pink acrylic over the top???

Secondly, would you use pink or clear powder???

Thanks peeps x

michelemacca said:
Hi guys,

Stupid question probably but i've never used Creative's Radical French tips yet and i've got a client who wants them this weekend, am i correct in thinking that you don't blend them and that you just apply them and then put the pink acrylic over the top???

Secondly, would you use pink or clear powder???

Thanks peeps x
Well as you might imagine, it is not quite as easy as that. It is still easy, but no in most cases you cannot just apply the French tip without first removing the contact area so that is the same length as the free edge of the nail which should be about 1mm. (If the nails have no free edge then dont use them as this look really does not enhance the prettiness of a short nail plate.)

Here's how. Take a pair of curved scissors and using only the points (and holding the nail tip so that the upper surface of the tip is resting on the down side in your fingers), follow the curve of the well and cut out or remove just enough well so that 1mm is left. When you place the tip on the nail, the white smile you have cut in the well will sit right on the natural smile line of the client's nail.

If you have raised a little ridge through the cutting process, smooth this down prior to afixing it to the natural nail.

I use would clear powder over the white and pink over the nail plate in this instance.

Normally I would use Perfect White powder over the tip so that reabalances always look the exact same. Come to think of it though, I never use French Tips unless I am demonstrating how to use them as I find it much easier to just use my Perfect White powder in the first place. Saves money too.

Thanks Geeg :D

I'll try and talk her out of em nicely :D

Latest posts

Back