Raffles etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicsnailz

Reaction score
:)Hi
There was a thread on here about offering services for raffles and charity nights etc. How would I go about this?
For a raffle for example would the organisation pay me for the prize or am I doing it for free?
I know this sound like I'm being really tight, and not wanting to do it for nothing but just asking as I have had a lady email about a ladies charity night next year. I'm all for helping to raise money for charity but I don't want to be completey out of pocket for it.
Thanks

I would assume you woud do the treatment for free as this is what I did for a charity raffle. You then can give the company/school/whoever is doing the raffle leaflets which will promote you and the person who wins will hopefully tell others about your good service.
Others may be different but this is just from my experience.
hths
x

Hi, I am donating a voucher for my little boys school fete - for free. You couldnt really expect them to pay you for it. But, think of it - whoever wins your prize - you might just get a new customer. Or they may not of heard of you, and they may tell their friends. I am also doing a charity night a my local charity shop, they are doing 3 nights and theres a hairdresser going to give cuts and advise. I am just going to do file and polishes for free. Give out all my price lists and business cards and hope to get some business from it. Hth xx

Hi, it really does depend on the type of the event - I'm doing one in a couple of weeks time for breast cancer, I have to pay for the stall (costs under £20) and that's how they get their money for charity. Whatever money I make on the night is mine.
Admittedly, probably won't make loads, but am hoping to get my name out there and hopefully get a few new customers.
So the best thing would be to check with the organiser, I'm sure they'll understand and won't think you're tight :) We all have to watch our money these days....

Hth
J.xxx

Thanks Guys
I thought it would work something like that and like you said hopefully get chance to hand out pricelist, business cards etc and get new clients that way.
Cheers for all you help.
Nic

In the past, I have donated spray tans and nno Bio Sculpture nails and manis/pedis and have picked up several clients this way - not always, but you never know.

Thanks for your help Geeks.
I have had contact with another lady that has asked if I'm interested in having a stall at a pampering night at a local school. The stall will cost me £15 but I keep what ever I make.
How much would you sugest I should charge? I will only be doing very basic manis/pedis.
I don't want to charge to much on the night as I don't know how many people will be there as stall holders or customers.
Any advise will be great.

Instead of offering your services as a prize, why not offer a £5-£10 voucher?

That way whoever wins will still have to pay you something, and you're not completely out of pocket. And obviously the charitable gesture is still there.

T x

to add another comment I have given away over half a dozen "free mani's" to various charitable functions/raffles/auctions etc this year and as yet I have not had anyone cash one in!

I'm doing a lot of verbal advertising for my mobile business at the moment (talking on the playground etc), and I'm amazed at how many people think they have to have nice/long nails to have a manicure!!

I'm like "the whole point of a manicure is to improve the condition and appearance of your hands and nails" .... i find it so frustrating x

I'm doing a lot of verbal advertising for my mobile business at the moment (talking on the playground etc), and I'm amazed at how many people think they have to have nice/long nails to have a manicure!!

I'm like "the whole point of a manicure is to improve the condition and appearance of your hands and nails" .... i find it so frustrating x

One of my friends in work thinks exactly this. She has very strong, healthy nails. I said i'd come round and give her a manicure and she said but one's just broke, wait till I've grown them again! :rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back