Rainbow hair (mobile)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rkelly

Reaction score
Hi!

Does anyone have any suggestions for best practise in washing off a rainbow colour as a mobile hairdresser. I am doing a global colour brown and a hidden panel underneath, last time we tried sitting back against the bath to rinse separate but was very messy!

Thanks

Hi!
I haven’t come into contact with this issue yet but if the surround is brown you won’t need to worry as much about the colour running - I’d use a towel or cotton wool or something to wipe the excess colour off each bright section and then rinse the hair over the bath as normal :) xxx

It’s not clear from the description but I assumed the colour was near the front and the OP was worried about the brown running and ruining the bright colour if the client was bent forwards?
Presumably the pop of colour is contained in foil packets or similar? Are you using a shower head to rinse or a jug? Can you ensure the water pressure isn’t too strong and gently rinse off small sections of the brown first maybe getting the client to tilt her head slightly as you rinse?

Ohhh that makes more sense,
I was under the impression it was at the back like the “hidden rainbow” kind of things. I’d do the brown and bleach at the same time (as I’m assuming you’ll need to bleach to do the rainbow) and then when you do the rainbow you’ll only be rinsing that and won’t need to worry about the brown running at all.

Hi!
I haven’t come into contact with this issue yet but if the surround is brown you won’t need to worry as much about the colour running - I’d use a towel or cotton wool or something to wipe the excess colour off each bright section and then rinse the hair over the bath as normal :) xxx

thank you, will try wiping the excess!
T was more about the brighter colours running into the yellow! X

Cold water and high pressure :)

Latest posts

Back