Raised spots/ bumps after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeauty35

Reaction score
I done a upper lip wax 2 days ago and the client has raised spots on her upper lip area . I had done her eyebrows aswel but no spots there. I gave her after care advice aswel . She is a friend of mine so she came and showed me the area . What can she use to get rid of this and why did this happen? It was her first time she has had her upper lip done.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using SalonGeek mobile app

I done a upper lip wax 2 days ago and the client has raised spots on her upper lip area . I had done her eyebrows aswel but no spots there. I gave her after care advice aswel . She is a friend of mine so she came and showed me the area . What can she use to get rid of this and why did this happen? It was her first time she has had her upper lip done.

Nappy rash cream. When you know your client comes up in these little spots, put the cream on straight away.

Also an antihistamine can work if taken before hand

Also an antihistamine can work if taken before hand
I always recommend it for new clients and provided they can take them it makes a huge difference. My mum was always having the same problem after her lip wax so I got her to do this and to use the PR refreshing gel to soothe the skin afterwards and it works and she doesn't get the reaction any more.

I've found this to be a very common reaction for first time waxers, the lip just seems to be a sensitive area and prone to this type of reaction. I actually suffer from this myself

I've found that if i don't use oil under the wax for my lip i don't react as badly, and also if i wax regularly I'm fine but if i leave it off for a month or two and then wax I'm prone to the reaction again

I've found this to be a very common reaction for first time waxers, the lip just seems to be a sensitive area and prone to this type of reaction. I actually suffer from this myself

I've found that if i don't use oil under the wax for my lip i don't react as badly, and also if i wax regularly I'm fine but if i leave it off for a month or two and then wax I'm prone to the reaction again
I agree Noreen..........less is more on the face.

A client of mine got this really bad and we worked out quite quickly that it was a reaction to the after wax solution I had used

Thanks everyone one for all your replies
All very helpful x

it can b just the persons reaction &the upper lip is more sensitive aswel.make sure she doesnt use anything on her skin that day. i recommend people to get savlon&use nothing else for 24 hrs

Latest posts

Back