Ran out of wax during wax!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
So I have a wax pot that I use in salon, one hole filled with hot wax and one with warm wax (strip wax)
I was doing a Hollywood on a very hairy client today, when I say very hairy I mean to the point I was really really struggling to remove it. I advised for her sake and comfort next time not to leave it this long. Anyway, I used a WHOLE POT of wax as well as plucking lots of hairs on just the front area, when I got to the back I ran out!!! I said if it’s okay with you I will use the warm strip wax on this area as we’ve used all of the hot wax up which she was fine with but what a mess! Even harder, the hairs weren’t coming out, the oil wasn’t getting rid of all of the sticky residue. What would you do in this situation?
Just wanted to get this off my chest I feel like I didn’t go a good enough job
I’ve been doing intimate waxing for about 6 months now and only had 1 other SIMILAR but more manageable experience

So I have a wax pot that I use in salon, one hole filled with hot wax and one with warm wax (strip wax)
I was doing a Hollywood on a very hairy client today, when I say very hairy I mean to the point I was really really struggling to remove it. I advised for her sake and comfort next time not to leave it this long. Anyway, I used a WHOLE POT of wax as well as plucking lots of hairs on just the front area, when I got to the back I ran out!!! I said if it’s okay with you I will use the warm strip wax on this area as we’ve used all of the hot wax up which she was fine with but what a mess! Even harder, the hairs weren’t coming out, the oil wasn’t getting rid of all of the sticky residue. What would you do in this situation?
Just wanted to get this off my chest I feel like I didn’t go a good enough job
I’ve been doing intimate waxing for about 6 months now and only had 1 other SIMILAR but more manageable experience
Hi there, I would never use warm strip wax on any intimate waxing especially if they are hairy. I have 4 hot wax pots on the go in my wax bar and have several more around the salon. If you do a lot of waxing it is definitely worth investing in more pots. Once you get a bad experience in waxing clients tell everyone. You dealt with this in the best way you could at the time but best to never be in this situation - hope this helps x

Oh poor you! You’ll do a better job in future now you’ve had this experience. I’ve come close to running out before so I’ve learnt to manage my wax.

If I think I’m running low I pour a small amount (I have a 30 ml measuring cup) just inside the edge of my wax pot so I can control the pile of unmelted beads and still carry on waxing. I might turn the temp up a teeny amount, pat my partially melted beads into a “burger” and then flip it over so I can get to the semi melted side if I need to. In this way I can manage a continuous supply of wax.

When your wax pot gets very low the wax can feel too hot for the client because it’s normally set to manage about half a pot of wax granules at a comfortable temperature so it’s important to know how to keep it topped up.

I might also use a bit of strip around the thighs, across the tummy and butt cheeks, if I’m running low. While I’m doing this I put the lid on my hot wax so that it can be melting a bit more wax. We used to use strip wax for a full Hollywood - you do need to stretch the skin really well and It is very sticky. We were used to getting little sticky bum kisses all the way home after a wax.

It sounds like the client’s skin got quite warm, Use a cold compress to calm the skin. I set one up before every appointment in hot weather. Some clients find hot wax too hot when they are warm so it’s handy to have ready.

If the hair is very long, cut it. Don’t do a barbering job, just grab a large handful and snip it.

Keep a sense of humour. After lockdown we were all upending chairs and fighting our way into a bikini wax. I felt like a lion tamer!

Hi there, I would never use warm strip wax on any intimate waxing especially if they are hairy. I have 4 hot wax pots on the go in my wax bar and have several more around the salon. If you do a lot of waxing it is definitely worth investing in more pots. Once you get a bad experience in waxing clients tell everyone. You dealt with this in the best way you could at the time but best to never be in this situation - hope this helps x
I work in a small room, there’s only two. So say if the other one is free (sometimes it might not be as my boss may be using that one) am I best using that one?
I don’t want to leave the room and get it during a wax, or shall I keep it on the side? X

Oh poor you! You’ll do a better job in future now you’ve had this experience. I’ve come close to running out before so I’ve learnt to manage my wax.

If I think I’m running low I pour a small amount (I have a 30 ml measuring cup) just inside the edge of my wax pot so I can control the pile of unmelted beads and still carry on waxing. I might turn the temp up a teeny amount, pat my partially melted beads into a “burger” and then flip it over so I can get to the semi melted side if I need to. In this way I can manage a continuous supply of wax.

When your wax pot gets very low the wax can feel too hot for the client because it’s normally set to manage about half a pot of wax granules at a comfortable temperature so it’s important to know how to keep it topped up.

I might also use a bit of strip around the thighs, across the tummy and butt cheeks, if I’m running low. While I’m doing this I put the lid on my hot wax so that it can be melting a bit more wax. We used to use strip wax for a full Hollywood - you do need to stretch the skin really well and It is very sticky. We were used to getting little sticky bum kisses all the way home after a wax.

It sounds like the client’s skin got quite warm, Use a cold compress to calm the skin. I set one up before every appointment in hot weather. Some clients find hot wax too hot when they are warm so it’s handy to have ready.

If the hair is very long, cut it. Don’t do a barbering job, just grab a large handful and snip it.

Keep a sense of humour. After lockdown we were all upending chairs and fighting our way into a bikini wax. I felt like a lion tamer!
Good idea thank you I’m worried the beads won’t melt in time though so you just try keep it to one side?
Haha honestly. I find it hard to wax extremely long hair! 🦁

Yes. Ideally yow’ve got a “mountain” of semi melted wax in the centre of your pot with liquid wax around the edge of your pot as a moat. You add beads, stir well and scoop them up into the centre.

If your wax level gets too low, tipping in wax beads will “mop up” the remaining liquid wax when you stir and you could find yourself with no liquid wax for a few minutes. That’s when I pour to the side instead of the middle. I then drizzle any liquid wax that I can spare over the bead pile so that it sticks together like a mini iceberg. If I’m really low I don’t even do that and just keep well away from the melting beads.

Flipping the stuck together beads over helps it melt down much quicker. I’ve had quite a few waxes when I’m pretty much scraping the bottom of the pot the whole time.

I’d say it was better to learn to top your pot than dance between rooms carrying melted wax. Using a whole pot is rather extreme. It will probably never happen again.

Yes. Ideally yow’ve got a “mountain” of semi melted wax in the centre of your pot with liquid wax around the edge of your pot as a moat. You add beads, stir well and scoop them up into the centre.

If your wax level gets too low, tipping in wax beads will “mop up” the remaining liquid wax when you stir and you could find yourself with no liquid wax for a few minutes. That’s when I pour to the side instead of the middle. I then drizzle any liquid wax that I can spare over the bead pile so that it sticks together like a mini iceberg. If I’m really low I don’t even do that and just keep well away from the melting beads.

Flipping the stuck together beads over helps it melt down much quicker. I’ve had quite a few waxes when I’m pretty much scraping the bottom of the pot the whole time.

I’d say it was better to learn to top your pot than dance between rooms carrying melted wax. Using a whole pot is rather extreme. It will probably never happen again.
Thank you so much, that’s helpful to know and understand. Yes hopefully it won’t happen again x

Latest posts

Back