Random odd question for the day - how do you heat your wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penina

Reaction score
Im interested to know how you heat your hot & warm wax up in the morning....do you whack your pot on the highest setting and then let it cool to the correct temperature? Or do you just set it to the temp you need/want k& then wait till it reaches it?

I put my pots on high once.

I put my normal wax just on on as it heats quite quickly, but my nonstrip wax is a bit of a bugger. I put it on high, then take the lid off for about half an hour, then put it back on, but I'm frequently apologising for my too hot wax.

Vic x

I have mine on high on timers set to come on for 7.15pm and go off at around 8am so the wax is perfect temperature for 9am clients :)

Top tip for getting hot wax to the correct temp quickly is have your wax pot half full and melt it down on high. Then turn it down to the correct temp and top it up with wax beads/blocks and stir it in x

Timers! We'd be lost without them.

They come on an hour before we open and switch off at close every evening. We always leave our lids on in the evening so they hear up quicker in the morning time.

We never turn out wax up higher to melt quicker. It's too risky when wax gets too hot, too quickly. Then a nightmare to cool back down. We just leave our pots on our regular temp. :)

Last edited:
Im interested to know how you heat your hot & warm wax up in the morning....do you whack your pot on the highest setting and then let it cool to the correct temperature? Or do you just set it to the temp you need/want k& then wait till it reaches it?

Most of the digital wax heaters have a pre programmed fast heat mode that you can use to melt the wax quickly then turn it down to the required temperature. I always do this every day with mine and leave them till they are at the correct temperature to use.

When I used the old analogue wax heaters I used timers so they could cone on several hours before I needed them. Although most of the digital heaters don't work on a timer the new PR heater does.

right, thats what i do too Jack Dunn. Because I work from home I have the luxury of being able to wake up adn switch the pot on. I always switch it to its highest and then once its all melted I bring it back down to the temp it needs to stay perfect for waxing. I was just curious to see what others do too.

If you don't do lots of waxing then don't put them on 'High' everyday as it will mess with the wax; heat them at a lower temp for a bit longer. Because I only do waxing, I'm filling up my heaters again as the day goes on so it's never the same wax that's heated on 'high'. If you keep re-heating the same wax on 'high' it may not be as effective. HTH's

This is why I just leave my heaters on all the time. I find it was a pain to come in very early just to set my heater up. I do have a friend that uses a timer and that works wonders.

Latest posts

Back