Random question about Crest 3D Whitening Strips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry-brown

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used these and if so what do u think of them?

My sister and I have used them and they do work.

I want to use these but I've heard they make your teeth severely sensitive so it's kind of put me off. x

I want to use these but I've heard they make your teeth severely sensitive so it's kind of put me off. x

Me too. I'd be scared that once they got to that stage, it would be a long time before they recovered and it would be painful.

I'd love to hear about those that have sensitive teeth already and how they got on with them.

The sensitivity bothered me but I took a one day break and was fine. :)

I used some before that i bought in America OMG My teeth were so sore never again

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I have used them, they work really well. My teeth were a bit sensitive when I'd finished the course, but as long as I used Sensodyne toothpaste they were fine.

I keep them in my bathroom cabinet now and just pop them on if I'm going on a night out etc...maybe once a month or so...x

My teeth were a bit sensitive when I'd finished the course, but as long as I used Sensodyne toothpaste they were fine.

I keep them in my bathroom cabinet now and just pop them on if I'm going on a night out etc...maybe once a month or so...x

:eek: You keep your teeth in your bathroom cabinet??!!! :green:

I used them in America too,thought they were a con if I'm honest with you.i used something else aswell that you painted on your teeth left it over night and that was really really good not sensitive at all but I can't remember the name and when I have been back to America I have looked on the shelf but can't find it!

Xx

Me and my sister-in-law ordered some and mine will be delivered Saturday.

I thoroughly researched and watched YouTube tutorials and reviews etc..

I've ordered the professional effects intensive ones.....strongest they do!
Guaranteed your money back if they dont work compared to if you got laser teeth whitening at around £250.

Anyway, my sister-in-law started using hers Monday. She has a high pain threshold and has never had sensitive teeth.

You can either put them on for 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hr or 2 hrs depending on the level of clean/whitening you want.

These ones are for just 7 days.

First day she did it was fine.

second day she was up half the night with really bad pain in her lower teeth. She said that even one little breath of air hurt so bad. She also said she felt like she wanted to rip all her teeth out! haha.

She didn't have any Sensodyne or painkillers so had a drop of brandy instead crazy girl lol.

BUT the thing is you have to bear in mind that these are the strongest strips and never having used them before she put them on for 2 hours each day. That's the maximum time.

Also she cleaned her teeth on day 2 before she put them on as she put them on at night time! It says on the pack you shouldn't do this!

I've read a lot of reviews where people say sensodyne works so I have bought the strongest one the chemist does. Its the blue one that says "sensodyne F, 24/7". Look for the words "potassium nitrate" on the front too. This is the ingredient that stops sensitivity. This sensodyne one goes straight to the nerve and calms it down when in pain.
My other half suffers from receding gums and has had two trips to the dentist. He has the green Sensodyne pack "Rapid Relief". This one is obviously for a one off pain id imagine as it seals the tooth and nerve but it doesn't contain as much potassium nitrate so i think it would wear off pretty quick.

The one i am talking about, Sensodyne F, protects teeth all the time.

My sister-in-law noticed the difference after just 2 hours the first time. And now she is on day 3 of 7 and her teeth are a nice natural white. By day 7 they'll probably be really white lol.

So yes, I am confident they will work on me but if you are going to use them I wouldn't stick them on for 2 hours ....unless you're getting a gentler one...and id get your teeth prepared by using Sensodyne 2-4 times a day until you start them.
and dont brush your teeth just before you use them lol.

Oh,and it might pay to stock up on ibuprofen... that's what I plan to do :)

If anyone wants me to post any pics or let you know how I'm getting on just ask :)

x

I use them all the time, I over done it tho but I'm really addicted I've burnt all my bottom gums but still use them lol their really good xxxxx

I have used them, they work really well. My teeth were a bit sensitive when I'd finished the course, but as long as I used Sensodyne toothpaste they were fine.

Do they stay white? or do you need to keep doing it to keep the colour up?

I was thinking of getting the 3d professional ones... 20 pouches, 10 for up and 10 for 10 - I have real sensitive teeth so I wouldnt go for the professional effects one.

I was advised these are very strong and not to use on sensitive teeth..

thanks for all the feedback xx

Right guys,

I got my strips today.

Professional effects advanced seal intensive. Strongest ones!

I put them on and within 5 minutes I got a sharp pain, although bearable, in one of my lower teeth. It lasted for about 2 minutes then went.

I carried on as normal with my strips...applied at 8pm and taken off at 10pm.

Its now one & a half hours later and pain is starting to come in my bottom teeth.

It feels like it is behind the teeth...more so the front ones.

The pain is a slow throbbing but not throbbing much. But its the kind of pain that makes me cringe, like nails on a blackboard etc, and saliva is pooling in my mouth with it....sorry for tmi lol.

I didn't brush my teeth before i put them on but after I brushed with sensodyne. I have a feeling this pain is going to get worse. Strangely enough my sister in law also experienced it in the bottom teeth.

I think its given that 90% of people are going to experience pain. I hope i can grin and bear it :)

x

Last edited:
I use them all the time, I over done it tho but I'm really addicted I've burnt all my bottom gums but still use them lol their really good xxxxx

Lol, howcomes you have burnt your gums? My strips didn't come into contact with mine when I applied them x

I assume they were slipping onto gums around my teeth, I went to the dentist after finding them really red & sore & told them that I used them, its stung my lip a few times too if I catch it on my lip when putting on! xxxxx

Latest posts

Back