random question - I need empty wax tubs please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoealana

Reaction score
has anyone got any sapare empty tubs for in a wax heater that have had paraffin in them. i cant buy spare liners for my heater (salon system one....) i will pay for postage
please help...

i know its a sat night but can anyone help............please

i know its a sat night but can anyone help............please
give it a bit of time... a lot of peeps won't be back on the site again until tomorrow or Monday.

hi can anyone else help please

has anyone got any spare pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee...........

Have you got any empty wax tubs (depilation wax, I mean)? If so you could clean one of those out with wax equipment cleaner or oil, then give it a good wash and rinse. Would that work?

i tried.... and failed thats why i need any ones that had paraffin in. i tried with wax cleaner and it just wouldnt clean it properly. oh well hopefully someone will have some otherwise am going to have a tonne of aloe wax. thanks anyhow for your help rouge

I know it may sound daft or obvious but did you heat up the pot before you tried to clean it out? It should come off.

yup tried that and hive wax cleaner but got in a mess. thanks for the advice tho.

I knew it was there somewhere! I've been looking for a post by Axiom on a thread I'm subscribed to. He gives some pretty good detail on how to clean out a wax tub. Here you go:

Any of the wax equipment cleaners out there will do the job, but even just a cheap massage or mineral oil will work (or the Jasmine Oil if you bought that!). The trick is definitely to make sure the tub is warm first - scrape as much of the remaining wax out as you can with a spatula, spritz your oil or equipment cleaner on generously, then use a paper or fabric waxing strip to wipe the rest of the wax from inside the tub (the strips are tougher than using tissues, as you'll need to give it a reasonably vigorous rub!!). Give it a good soapy rinse and a wipe with surgical spirit or something similar when you're done, to make sure there is no oily residue left on the inside of the pot, and you're ready to go.

Hope that helps. Let me know how you get on!

aww thanks so much i can thank you enough. will have to use up another tub of wax now as i binned the last one in temper. oh well just an excuse to wax people.
thanks again

Latest posts

Back