Rant ...Apprenticeships

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have been applying to 2 local colleges for the last 4 years to get on a hairdressing course and have been knocked back with no explanation every year this year after being knocked back ive bee doing some beauty instead an then i saw an apprentiship on the job centre website so i phoned for it.. when for the interveiw and they lady seemed concerned the fact i was 23 with 2 children an wanted to do the apprentiship... i told her i wasnt interested in the money and its the job i want to do an now ive got a trail day on thursday woooo!!!!!! :D so excited cannot wait!

If you are older they have to pay you more money which they never want to do unfortunately :(

Hi, I was told the other day in by the job centre that apprenticeships were the exception to the minimum wage rule. Apparently this is so that anyone at any age can retrain. I'd seen on here that no one over the age of 18 could retrain so I asked because I'm looking for an apprentice to take on. I got a booklet from the job centre explaining what to expect from an apprentice and as an apprentice. It's worth reading xx

Hi guys i apologise for the rant after a long day of searching salons in my area i have given up hope of an apprenticeship, i have got all the info am going to apply to my local college on monday!

I will not let this get me down; i will get there in time all by my own determination! :))

Fingers crossed x

Good luck with college Gemma. The advantage of college is that you will finish your initial training at a set time and can then look for work after this. Also, part time work can often be done around college so you can still be earning (I know a lot of full time courses that are 16 hours, with home work of course but yeah).

Good luck with it :)

Good luck with college Gemma. The advantage of college is that you will finish your initial training at a set time and can then look for work after this. Also, part time work can often be done around college so you can still be earning (I know a lot of full time courses that are 16 hours, with home work of course but yeah).

Good luck with it :)

Thank you :) Hopefully All will go well.

xxx

Latest posts

Back