Rant-cheeky non clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
Need a rant!!

I am a mobile hairdresser and a lot of my business is done through my facebook page, live in a small town and know most of the people here. I upload pixs of hair i have done etc and it annoys me when people who ive not done people ask me what colour ive used so they can do theirs. Example: ive just put a bright red up, someones put i want kine same as this what have you used so i can do it myself. Does anyone else get this? I never know how to reply as i dont want to come across as rude on facebook, but i dont want to give away my secrets! Also my hair is grey/silver and people always asking me what they can put on their hair to get it like mine!!!! Arrrggghhhhh i duno if its just me being silly but it really makes me angry lol
Xxx

I would take it as a compliment but I can imagine its frustrating though as it is your work/business! Maybe just carry on ignoring them. Or politely say, that it is your work and you would prefer to keep it private but if they wish to come to you then please do? or Something like that. x

If it's public that they say this, just pretend you've misread it.

And say something like, 'of course I can do something similar. First we'll need to do a patch test etc, when would you like me to pop over.'

Its just annoying as they think i would just tell them what to use i havent been a hairdresser for 13 years to tell people what box colour to go buy from tesco!!! Id never message a nail tech and say love that colour what is it so
I can go buy it and do mine myself lol
Xx

Shes just wrote what colour is this, so i wrote bright red lol, and she says yes which bright red ive just done mine red but its not as bright as this so i want it like this what can i buy [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I would say 'oh you probably won't get it that bright using box colours'

Shes just wrote what colour is this, so i wrote bright red lol, and she says yes which bright red ive just done mine red but its not as bright as this so i want it like this what can i buy [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]
I agree just say box colour wont do it, you have to have it done professionally.

Why don't you just say "sorry, I can't promote box colours" ? X
Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Say 'it's a great colour isn't it? I can colour it this bright for you next time you need a colour. When would you like to book in?'

If it's public that they say this, just pretend you've misread it.

And say something like, 'of course I can do something similar. First we'll need to do a patch test etc, when would you like me to pop over.'

Do this ^^^

I just private mailed her and she she wouldnt get a result as bright as that using a box colour but if she wanted it doing i could always come have a look at her hair for her xx

if you get this in the future just say you can't achieve the same results at home and that your not familiar with home dyes and can't recommend anything , always reply because it looks bad to other people if there are messages unanswered

I would say something along the lines of 'isn't it lovely! It's a combination of colours I whipped up to make it this very personal colour for my lovely client!' And hope they get put off asking again. Cheekies! X

if you get this in the future just say you can't achieve the same results at home and that your not familiar with home dyes and can't recommend anything , always reply because it looks bad to other people if there are messages unanswered
I would definitely say something like that regarding being unfamiliar with non professional colours [emoji4] x

I had a similar thing asked on my page!
I said " this is a blend of 3 different shades, unique to this clients natural base colour"!
Cheeky buggers, like you are going to tell them which box colour to buy!!!!!

It's frustrating we take years of training to gain the knowledge and skills of hairdressing, and the general public think they can do it all themselves and achieve the same effect at home.

I actually had a lady walk into the salon last week, asking me to teach her how to do foil highlights as she's bought a box colour out of boots and was gonna highlight her daughters hair that night!! What a cheek!!!!
It's like me asking a plumber to teach me how to fix my boiler and wanting step by step instructions!!!

It's frustrating we take years of training to gain the knowledge and skills of hairdressing, and the general public think they can do it all themselves and achieve the same effect at home.

I actually had a lady walk into the salon last week, asking me to teach her how to do foil highlights as she's bought a box colour out of boots and was gonna highlight her daughters hair that night!! What a cheek!!!!
It's like me asking a plumber to teach me how to fix my boiler and wanting step by step instructions!!!
Omgggg :eek::eek::eek:

Sometimes you can twist this to your advantage. Just reply saying that you don't advice people to colour their hair themselves as there is a lot of science that goes behind it, but if you want to achieve this colour you can schedule a consultation.

As long as you polite, professional and friendly, you never know, she might turn into a client! X
Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

:DOne time a client was messaging me about going red from her current ombre that I'd done for her so I explained I would have to lighten the top then do the red... Next day there's a pic on fb of her with bright red hair! :eek: I was tamping because I'd basically told her how to do it! Later that day she rang me and said that she needed an appointment ASAP, when she came in it was like leopard and tiger stripes all over.... Full colour correction price later we were both happy :) :D

As mentioned before I would take this as a compliment to your work and like their comment and then reply by suggesting they get in touch with you for a complimentary skin test and consultion and be clear you use the best professional products for salon quality results that you tailor your colours specifically for your clients! ✌

Latest posts

Back